View All Jobs at Scripps Health
Home / Job Details
Patient Service Specialist - Chest Medicine
Date Posted: May 15, 2020
Not Ready To Apply?
At Scripps Health, you will experience the pride, support, and respect of an organization that has been repeatedly recognized as one of the nation's Top 100 Places to Work.
You'll be surrounded by people committed to making a difference in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So if you're open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.
Join a winning team at Scripps Anderson Medical Pavilion supporting the Chest Medicine department as a Patient Service Specialist. Working together, you'll bring your expertise, compassion and excellence to all we do. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy providing world class customer service. This position involves a lot of time on the phone and computer while scheduling office visits and outpatient procedures, sending and receiving messages from physicians, and managing physician calendars and on-call schedules.
As a Patient Service Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- Interacting with patients, payers and providers to gather information necessary for accurate registration including assigning of appropriate Medical Record Number, referral/authorization, point of service payment collection, document collection and arrival/check-in functions.
- Receiving and routing messages received in the department appropriately as well as manages customer billing and payment inquires as needed.
- Effectively managing the patient check-in and check-out process from start to finish, which includes identification verification; updating or confirming demographic and insurance information on every patient; ensuring appropriate forms are provided, signed and witnessed at the time of the patient visit; verifying coverage including benefits, authorization, pre-determination, payer specific policy exclusions or limitations to coverage, collecting any patient responsibility and accurately preparing end of day reporting or payment reconciliation as needed.
- Assisting patients with HPE eligibility, discussing payment arrangement options including financial assistance information, providing price estimates.
- Regularly displaying a proactive approach to customer service by listening to the patient, taking ownership of solutions and being able to accurately identify the need to involve leadership in order to resolve concerns.
- Acting as a member of the patient care team by supporting the clinical care staff in the care of the patient.
This is a benefitted Full Time, Day Shift role with a Monday - Friday, 8AM - 5PM schedule, located at Scripps Anderson Medical Pavilion in La Jolla. Required Qualifications:
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency of computer applications, excellent mathematical skills and ability to handle monies.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; innovative with ability to identify and solve problems.
- Able to adapt, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- 2 years of experience in customer service or healthcare/medical office environment.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, commercial and government health insurance and billing guidelines, ACA requirements, understanding of DRG's, Medical ICD9/ICD10 codes and CPT/HCPC Codes and Modifiers.
Scripps Health is repeatedly named on the Fortune Magazine's 100 Best Companies to work for, the only San Diego-based company, and Becker's Healthcare Top Hospitals. Scripps Health offers a robust Total Rewards Program designed to compensate and motivate you throughout your career. Scripps Health Total Rewards Program includes a broad range of plans and programs, including market competitive pay and performance incentives, health and wellness benefits, financial wellness benefits, work-life resources, learning and development opportunities, and rewards and recognition. Unlock your potential with Scripps Health today.
Scripps Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression), age, marital status, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
Not ready to Apply?