UNFI is North America's premier food wholesaler delivering the widest variety of products to customer locations throughout North America including natural product superstores, independent retailers, conventional supermarket chains, ecommerce retailers, and food service customers. Warehouse Associates are vital to our organization; they work diligently carefully hand selecting customer orders that feed and nourish millions. We are excited about the work we do and are looking for others who share the same drive and passion.Job Overview
Supervises Warehouse shipping and receiving activities and associates for a specific shift/area to ensure functions are performed within Company and Distribution Center guidelines. Provides excellent customer service to stores serviced through accurate handling of inbound and outbound product.Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Schedules and supervises of Inventory Control associates: Assigned Order Selectors, Receiving, Shipping or any other Warehouse personnel.
- Controls production standards, accuracy of inventory, using proper accuracy programs and systems.
- Processes store returns and return to vendors using proper Company policies.
- Coordinates with Inventory Control associates regarding slotting, product rotation and space allocation. Maintains daily inventory and accuracy records.
- Conducts daily crew meeting to discuss safety, productivity and accuracy.
- Communicates with Transportation on the flow and receipt of backhauls.
- Supervises scheduling of inbound load appointments.
- Responsible to sign for, sort and distribute inbound, overnight carrier and mail service deliveries.
- Walks warehouse daily, with Superintendent, to ensure that safety, security, sanitation and pest control codes, laws, and policies are maintained.
- Develops and maintains good working relationship with all departments.
- Possess strong general knowledge of all warehousing operations, with prior work experience to include lead person or supervisory duties, preferably with the Company.
- Possess good supervisory skills and the ability to work with and through others to achieve desired results.
- Possess good communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to read and interpret computerized reports.
- Requires the analytical ability to handle administrative duties and mental alertness to ensure accurate, safe, and thorough completion of work activities. Possess the ability to concentrate and deal with frequent interruptions.
- Basic computer skills required and personal computer experience helpful, with word processing and spreadsheet applications.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. UNFI is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Posting ID: 558406767Posted: 2020-05-22