Job Posting Deli ManagerJob Overview:
The deli manager plans and manages the deli department to promote sales and achieve profit margins, labor goals and ensure a positive shopping experience for customers, and a safe and positive working environment for associates.
Emphasis in this position is ongoing department planning, execution and evaluation to ensure maximum sales and profit opportunities, effective cost control, efficient utilization of labor and strong customer service levels. Primary challenge is consistently meeting or exceeding department profit and labor goals. This position ensures consistent quality; freshness and wholesome deli products are provided. This position is responsible for providing effective training, development and work direction for department associates and requires the ability to encourage individual and group effort toward department objectives. This position requires on-going customer interaction, providing prompt, courteous service, knowledge of food preparation procedures, food safety regulations, judgment/decision making, social skills/verbal interaction, memorization, reading, writing, math, moderate to heavy lifting, walking, Telxon, box cutter, operation of deli equipment, and exposure to varied temperatures and wet surfaces. Position functions and work hours may vary according to business needs. Assignments and work direction are provided by the Store Director or person in charge. Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Assist customers and ensure proper service levels and courtesy from all associates
- Develop effective daily/weekly work plan based on weekly sales projections, budgeted labor goals and previous operating results
- Implement and maintain coordinated, aggressive and creative merchandising plans, using Division guidelines, which maximize sales, variety and gross profit
- Ensure accurate pricing and signage within the department
- Supervise deli associates to ensure efficient labor utilization and effectiveness in meeting department objectives
- Manage deli receiving, invoicing, pricing, shrink control and inventory to ensure proper product control and that gross profit goals are met
- Train and develop Deli department personnel
- Supervise department safety and sanitation programs
- Perform Deli Department personnel functions
- Observe standards and procedures regarding store security and confidentiality
- Follow all store and department policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned or delegated
My Cub. My Way.
- On-going customer interaction
- providing prompt, courteous service
- Knowledge of food preparation procedures and food safety regulations
- Judgment/decision making
- Social skills/verbal interaction
- Reading, writing, and math
- Moderate to heavy lifting and walking
- Knowledge of Telxon scanner, box cutters, and deli equipment
We provide our customers the best grocery experience period by personalizing our customers' evolving needs with innovation, convenience and by supporting the communities we serve through delivering quality, variety and fresh groceries.
At Cub, employment is built on a foundation of diversity and inclusion that enhances and enables our associates' career development through education and training. We pride ourselves in having a strong team of passionate employees who provide exceptional service. Every employee has the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our customers.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status