Job Overview To complete a variety of specialized duties that support functional operations. The duties in the department specialist job family focus on tasks and/or work that are unique to the department and require knowledge and skills that are beyond what are required for general office work. Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Maintains complex records.
- Responds to inquiries in area of responsibility.
- Collects data/information for department use in special projects or reports.
- Updates information and reports typically on the computer.
- Checks information for accuracy.
- Prepares and balances data.
- Answers department phones as needed and routes to appropriate area.
- Determines the best routing solution for transporting products within a time-critical environment, considerations include retail customer hours of operation, local municipality regulation/restriction compliance, cost, miles driven, availability of drivers and equipment, cube utilization, etc.
- Develops strong relationships with local dispatching staffs to minimize unfavorable situations
- Develops strategic alliances with key retail customers to maximize cube per mile ratio and minimize cost
- Determines the best routing solution for backhaul pick-ups within a time critical environment, considerations include minimal out-of-route miles, availability of drivers and equipment, cost, dependability/reliability of vendor, etc
- Develops strong relationships with Inbound Transportation staff for long-range supply and demand situations
- Develops strategic alliances with vendors to overcome scheduling issues
- Assigns routes in an expeditious and accurate manner to achieve on-time loading (warehouse), on-time departure (transportation) and on-time delivery (customer)
Job Requirements • Reading, writing, math and communication skills at a proficient level. • Ability to follow verbal or written instruction.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Posting ID: 558406858Posted: 2020-05-22