Responsible for having a strong understanding of the entire warehouse and receiving procedures. Also needs to understand the products, receiving procedures, and back stock put away procedures. A receiver is responsible for moving product off trucks, monitoring the quality of product, entering it into inventory, and properly putting product in its respective staging location. Job Responsibilities:
- Checks with supervisors or leads at the beginning of the shift to discuss any issues or changes in the daily procedure.
- Verifies quantities of product received against the packing slip/purchase order.
- Checks and reports any damage found due to refrigeration, travel or handling by inbound freight company.
- Sorts or breakdowns all incoming product. (Eastern Region only)
- Builds steady and secure pallets to be put into back stock reserves.
- Ensures that all labeling of product and pallets are accurate for put-away in proper pick slot or back stock location
- Keeps area clean and debris out of work area; ensures a safe working environment.
- Operates and inspects all equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Wears personal protective equipment as required.
- Receiver functions are completed in accordance with Company standards and procedures including quality standards and safety regulations.
- Effective communication and coordination exist with Company personnel and with management.
- High School Diploma / GED Certification and/or equivalent related experience
- Understanding of Safety guidelines
- Strong knowledge of applicable Bakco functions and RF systems
- Warehouse/Operations preferred but not required
Schedule: Monday - Friday - 7am Start Time
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Posting ID: 558406869Posted: 2020-05-22