Directly, and through our subsidiaries, Omnicare provides a broad array of pharmacy-related services to long term care facilities and to other customers in the health care environment. While senior care has long been an Omnicare specialty, we also serve other targeted populations.
Overview: CVS Health/Omnicare has an exciting opportunity to join our growing team in Spartanburg, SC.
The Spartanburg, SC Clinical Intervention Center (CIC) does not acquire, receive, store, dispense or administer drug products.
The CVS Health/Omnicare Clinical Intervention Center supports pharmacy operations by creating efficiencies in the dispensing function while focusing on relevant clinical care for patients and optimizing customer satisfaction through positive outcomes. The CIC is staffed with both clinically trained pharmacists and technical support personnel.
The primary purpose of the Clinical Intervention Center pharmacy staff is to provide clinical support services to long term care dispensing pharmacies for multiple states. These services include:
• Supporting Omnicare pharmacy operations by assuming responsibility for more cumbersome, time-consuming clinical assessment and intervention on prescribed medication therapy.
• Managing rejected clinical claims by requesting to prescribers a "covered" alternative to a drug product that has been denied for reimbursement by a third party prescription plan such as Medicare Part D, commercial insurer or Medicaid, and making changes to existing orders within the pharmacy operating system based upon the response of the prescriber.
• Initiating Prior Authorizations or Medical Exceptions based upon information from the patient's medical records when required by the payer.
• Generating Patient Specific Therapeutic Interchange requests for prescribers for cost savings or a clinically superior drug to that drug originally prescribed by the clinician, and making changes to existing orders within the pharmacy operating system based upon the response of the prescriber.
• Implementing Facility Formulary preferences for prospective medication changes on dispensing.
• Coordinating specific National Account or multi-chain customer requests.
This full time position in Spartanburg, SC offers a 7-on/7-off 3rd shift schedule working Wednesday-Tuesday 9pm-8am. This is a benefit eligible position.
Current license to practice pharmacy, must be active & in good standing in the state of South Carolina
Knowledgeable about long term care regulations (OBRA, OSHA, state laws and other federal laws) that have an impact upon both pharmacy and Center operations preferred.
Additional State licenses
Bachelor of Science Degree in Pharmacy or higher
It's a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation's premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we're pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you'll be at the center of it all.
At CVS Health, we work every day to help people on their path to better health. Never has it been more important for us to deliver on our purpose to our valued customers, patients, members, and employees. With a presence in communities across the country, CVS Health colleagues are and will continue to be a critical piece of the country's health care solution. The health and safety of our employees, patients, customers, and members is our top priority as we face the impact of COVID-19 together. If you would like to learn about the actions we are taking as a company as we learn more about COVID-19 and its spread, we encourage you to visit our COVID-19 resource center at https://cvshealth.com/covid-19
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran - we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request an accommodation, a qualified interpreter, written information in other formats, translation or other services, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team by emailing Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team or calling 877-805-9511.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or email@example.com. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout, contact the Modern Hire Help Desk at 1-877-451-1695 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posting ID: 558406891Posted: 2020-05-22