DISCOVER WHAT'S NEXT for your career!
We connect farms to families. And now, you can be a part of that. As a warehouse associate, you matter. You aren't just moving product and material within various warehouse environments of fluctuating temperatures, you are doing the work that nourishes millions. We are excited about what we do and we want people who can get excited with us.
LIFT OPERATOR- FULL TIME POSITION PURPOSE:
- Competitive pay & benefits.
- Growth and professional development opportunities.
- We're committed to listening and responding to feedback.
- Recognition for great work, company events and picnics, and much more.
- Full-time employment opportunity.
Responsible for moving product. A forklift operator at United Natural Foods is required to have a strong understanding of his lift, the loads he/she is carrying, productivity measures and safety procedures.EEO / VETERANS / DISABLEDESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Reports to the shipping office at the beginning of each shift for the daily assignment, vehicle inspection sheet and replenishment discrepancies sheet.
- Inspects assigned lift and completes vehicle inspection sheet.
- Replenishes pick slots using the view request screen. If no requests exist, uses the manual replenish screen to fill empty or almost empty slots.
- Performs knockdowns for selectors when needed.
- Maintains correct counts and logs any discrepancies in inventory.
- Verifies that the correct product is being put in the appropriate pick location.
- Cuts and removes shrink wrap from all knockdowns.
- Removes all empty pallets from pick locations and aisles. Separates the good, bad, and blue pallets and neatly stages in pallet staging area.
- Keeps area clean and debris out of work area.
- Operates the lift in a safe and efficient manner.
- Parks and recharges lift in its appropriate spot at the end of the shift.
- Immediately informs a lead, supervisor, or manager of any potential safety violations or violation of company policy.
- Perform duties in accordance with Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and procedures, as appropriate for location
Required Skills:QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE
- Operating a forklift in accordance with Company standards and procedures including quality standards and safety regulations.
- Effective communication and coordination exist with Company personnel and with management.
- Assistance and support are provided as needed.
- Deadlines are met.
- Understanding of Safety guidelines
- Strong knowledge of applicable Bakco functions and RF systems.
- Warehouse/Operations preferred but not required
- System implementation experience is preferred
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Have an understanding of procedures in other areas of the warehouse for a more global understanding of all processes.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions and to deal with ordinary, standardized situations.
- Ability to perform very basic math skills including adding; subtracting, multiplying, and dividing two digit numbers; the four basic arithmetic operations with money; and operations with units such as inch, foot, yard; ounce, and pound.
- Able to read and communicate in English.
- Balancing: May involve walking, standing and/or crouching on narrow, slippery or moving surfaces
- Stooping: Bending downward and forward at the waist. Requires full use of lower extremities and back muscles.
- Kneeling: Resting on knee or knees.
- Crouching: Bending downward and forward at the leg and spine.
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing: For extended time periods.
- Walking: Especially for long distances.
- Pushing: Using upper body to press against something with steady force.
- Pulling: Using upper body to draw, drag, haul or tug objects
- Lifting: Use of upper body and back muscles to lift objects
- Grasping: Using fingers and palm on an object
- Talking: Especially where one must frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly or quickly
- Average Hearing: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
- Repetitive Motions: Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands and fingers.
- Fine, Acute Visual Abilities: Fine visual acuity with the ability to inspect closely or to assemble small parts; color vision; depth perception and/or field of vision.
- Physical Strength: Medium work; exerts up to 75 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 40 lbs. frequently and 20 lbs. constantly.
- Working Conditions: Worker subject to changing inside temperature (such as freezers or cold rooms)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. UNFI is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Posting ID: 558406900Posted: 2020-05-22