The Account Manager is responsible for sales in assigned geographical area and/or key accounts. They manage, direct, and coordinate all sales plans and programs. The Account Manager will create partnering relationships of trust, integrity, customer satisfaction and loyalty and ensures customer compliance. They collaborate with their teams to achieve the objective of building out the store.Job Responsibilities:Account Management & Sales Planning (25%)
Deliver Account Results (25%)
- Execute sales plans and goals designed to increase sales, profit margin and minimize expenses
- Develops joint business plans
- Manage new sales opportunities and servicing of existing accounts.
- Forecast profit, volume growth and other related goals as determined. Assist with the preparation of a sales budget for assigned accounts.
- Makes key decisions on addressing and identifying customer needs and concerns for assigned accounts
Manage Relationships (25%)
- Analyze sales reporting and create strategies to drive sales.
- Develops and maintains a JBP that drives sales and profit margin.
- Responsible for sales and profit margin results for assigned account(s).
- Focuses plans to drive sales and profit margin across product and services
Manage Execution (25%)
- Create and maintain partnerships with vendor, broker and other trade partners.
- Meet or exceed client expectations and established deadlines.
- Drives proactively the company's initiatives to ensure the success of the customer.
- Focuses efforts on mutual sales and profit growth.
- Owns a territory of chain/key account customers
- Conduct regular reviews of sales activities and effectiveness. May develop promotions and incentives to increase sales and improve performance.
- Partners with cross-functional team of resources to ensure account goals are achieved. Works collaboratively with Merchandising and Services leaders to ensure department sales specialists are supporting their account goals
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
- Minimum 2 years sales experience preferred
- Understanding and knowledge of products
- Development and execution of business plans, sales plans, and/or commission programs.
- Familiarity with sales opportunities
- Understanding of sales forecasting, programs, promotions and related techniques
- Understanding of margin and company profitability
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding customer expectations
- Ability to work in a result driven environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and company systems
- Demonstrated ability to drive new business and close sales
Other Skills/ Abilities:
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Aptitude for financial reporting
- Ability to lead without reporting authority
- Ability to interact at all levels of the business
- Able to manage and coordinate projects
- Able to exceed at: customer service skills, problem solving, attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Travel is required
- Most work is performed in a temperature-controlled office environment
- Incumbent may sit for long periods of time at desk or computer terminal
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Incumbent may use calculators, keyboards, telephone and other office equipment in the course of normal workday
- Stooping, bending, twisting and reaching may be required in completion of job duties
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
- Additional Locations: United States of America, Pennsylvania, CARLISLE
- Schedule: Full-time
Posting ID: 558406914Posted: 2020-05-29