This is a 40 hour, full-time benefited position, working with the Radiology Department at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, MA.
The hours for this position are Monday through Friday 2:00 pm - 10:30 pm and will carry holiday obligations.
Multi-Site CT Department operating GE, Toshiba and Siemens CT scanners as well as several portable CT scanners. Med Rad Dual head injectors, iSTAT point of ecare, Liko Overhead patient lift systems, dedicated 3D lab and a host of protocols from general oncology, DECT, Cardiac, Virtual Colon, Perfusion and interventional procedures.Job Location:
Boston, MAReq ID:
The CT Tech II is under supervision of the Senior CT Management Team, performs specific and specialized duties pertaining to the CT scanner, which require use of independent judgment, initiative, and specialized knowledge of computerized axial tomography systems.Essential Responsibilities:
- Prepares and positions patients for CT of various parts of the body and includes setting up equipment and patient in relation to each other to provide best demonstration of body part under study. Enters instructions into terminal for scan procedures. Monitors scan performance to ensure accuracy and completeness of data output. Makes necessary adjustments when judged to be necessary.
- Evaluates results of scanning procedure for quality of results and completeness, and manipulates control to display image to physician. Using terminal, can select several image display options. Provides research support to radiologists, performing research studies. Performs Quality Assurance tests on equipment.
- Responds to patient's physical and psychological needs. Explains all procedures in a clear and concise manner without causing unnecessary anxiety. Uses Proper Hand Hygiene before and after patient contact. Observes patient's condition and reports any change to nurse or physician.
- Maintains accurate and complete records relative to procedure performed. Maintains statistics relative to CT scanning as required by D.P.H. and make appropriate entries into computer. Ensures exam is networked to appropriate locations (PACS, AW or Vitrea workstations). Verifies exam was successfully sent to networked location.
- Maintains Daily Room Check list, Code Cart Compliance checks and monthly inventory checks for expired products. Reports all incidents affecting Patient Care in the CCC on line incident reporting system. Edits computer entries for correctness of description, charges for billing, usage of contrast and reactions, and enters correct time in and time out of the patient scan time.
- Associate's degree in Radiologic Technology required.
- License MA Rad Tech-Compted Tomography required., or Registration Rdgrphy Nuc_Med Cmputd_Tmgrphy required., and Certificate 1 American Registry of Rad Tech required., and Certificate 2 Basic Life Support required.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- New hires will have 30 days to provide BLS certification. Certification has to be with the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
Age based Competencies:
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.Physical Nature of the Job:
Very Heavy work: Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or 50 pounds of force continually. Employee is physically active in all elements of the job.
Posting ID: 558407314Posted: 2020-05-22