Gangadharan Surg-Gen Surg SFJob Location:
Boston, MAReq ID:
Has been awarded or has completed the requirements for a doctoral degree or foreign equivalent. Is a trainee pursuing advanced studies beyond the doctoral level in preparation for an independent career in a biomedical field. In collaboration with and under the mentorship of the Principle Investigator (PI), a Research Fellow engages in activities that will further his or her professional development.Essential Responsibilities:
- Abides by the institutional policies of BIDMC relating to health and safety, equality of opportunity and data storage and management.
- As a member of the research team, actively pursues research under the supervision of a principle investigator while developing skills for independent work.
- Receives training in and performs duties contributing to the investigational work of the team including formulation of research questions and design, conduct of experiments, and evaluation of results.
- Prepares and publishes scientific manuscripts under direction of PI.
- Develops expertise in desired lab skills/informatics/ physics/clinical research. Develops proficiency with research tools and equipment. Develops ability to work with more independence as the fellowship progresses
- Doctoral degree required.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Ability to produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases. Prior experience reviewing, analyzing, and summarizing scientific literature.
- Excellent attention to detail and interpersonal, organizational, writing, and project management skills.
- Strong organizational and data management skills.
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
Physical Nature of the Job:
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to lead collaborative teams for larger projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have implications for the management and operations of multiple areas of the organization.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
Posting ID: 558408274Posted: 2020-05-22