The Solution Engineer creates all post-sale security systems design, engineering, value engineering and documentation. The position is part of the Solutions Engineering department, which is responsible for translating, expanding, finalizing and documenting pre-sales proposals and technical designs produced by Sales and Solutions Architecture in pre-sale systems architecting and quoting. This position works closely with Sales, Solutions Architecture, Operations, and external customers as required.
The primary work products for the Solution Engineer are security system and construction technical drawings including custom installation drawings and instructions, network design diagrams, riser diagrams, typical installation diagrams, point-to-point system schedules, door hardware schedules, document redlining, functional narratives describing systems operations and as-built documentation.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Creates and updates comprehensive post-sale engineering packages illustrating device locations, IDF/MDF room layouts, SOC/GSOC layouts, console designs, installation diagrams, riser diagrams, network designs, etc.
- Creates and updates performance-based and product-based specifications.
- Creates and updates pre-fabrication submittal packages as specified by architects and engineers for their approval prior to installation.
- Develops and maintains as-built record documentation over the lifecycle of various projects and follow-on MAC work.
- Utilizes and contributes to comprehensive library of standard post-sale engineering documents, templates and standards, as well as project-specific and customer-specific submittals.
- Ensures effective value engineering by assuring technical compliance while at the same time reducing Allied Universal Technology Services costs whenever possible.
- Reviews AUTS proposals both pre-sale and post-sale to scrutinize selected products for applicability and specification compliance.
- Collaborates with AUTS's product suppliers to ensure the desired functionality of selected products.
- Consistently applies AUTS's standards for installation.
- Contributes to AUTS internal guidelines for Solutions Engineering engagement and post-sale systems engineering.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to collaborate with diverse teams of technical designers and engineers.
- Ability to simultaneously work on multiple large, complex projects.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical decision making capabilities.
- Self-motivated with the ability to influence others.
- Electronic security systems design / engineering experience: 5+ Years.
- In-depth knowledge of security system design best practices and product applicability including products like:
- Video surveillance and related technologies (Analog, IP, Codecs, VMS)
- Access control and related technologies (card access, biometrics, PIV, FIPS-201, HSPD-12, various processor panels, electric locking hardware,etc.)
- Physical intrusion detection (Bosch, DMP, etc)
- Physical Security Information Management (PSIM)
- Software House, Lenel, Amag, RS2, DSX and Open Options systems architectures.
- Computer software skills to include: AutoCAD and associated rendering applications, MS Office, Acrobat writer and Visio.
- Ability to read and understand complex architectural and engineering drawings.
- Working knowledge of AC and DC circuitry, voltage drop calculations and wire sizing.
- Bachelor or Associates degree in electrical engineering or equivalent is considered a plus.
- Ability to plan, size and design enterprise-class IT network and storage solutions including products like:
- Virtualization technologies such as VMware vSphere and View
- Datacenter networking technologies such as Cisco Nexus
- Storage Area Network technologies such as NetApp or EMC
- Load balancing / firewalling technologies such as Cisco ACE or Cisco ASA
- Datacenter protocols such as Fibre Channel, NFS, IP, iSCSI, DCE
Posting ID: 558408307Posted: 2020-05-22