The Inpatient Rehabilitation Service at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is comprised of more than 40 PTs, and OTs who work collaboratively to provide the highest quality of rehabilitative care at this Harvard-affiliated Level I Trauma Center. Physical Therapists have the opportunity to treat a wide variety of medically-complex patients in medical/surgical specialties, including cardiac medicine, cardiac surgery, general surgery, medicine, orthopedics/trauma, neurology, neurosurgery, vascular surgery, organ transplant, oncology, geriatric medicine and ICUs.Job Location:
Boston, MAReq ID:
A Physical Therapist II (PT II) is autonomously responsible for examination, evaluation, diagnosis, prognosis, intervention and discharge planning for the PT needs of patients who have potential for functional impairments, limitations and disabilities and are referred to physical therapy. Additional responsibilities of a PT II include independence in practice across multiple diagnostic groups, and supervision of affiliating students.Essential Responsibilities:
- Evaluate patients to include: determining appropriateness of referral, medical history review, examination, identifying diagnosis, prognosis, and plan of care.
- Discuss findings and plan of care with patient. Implement the plan of care using therapeutic procedures, equipment devices, teaching interventions, and ongoing collaboration and referral to additional health care providers to achieve patient's goals and optimize function.
- .Regularly re-evaluate patient status, review the plan of care and make necessary modifications to plan of care and discharge plan based on the patient's subjective or objective response to determine if goals are being met.
- Perform teaching responsibilities including but not limited to: teaching patients and families, preparing and presenting in-services, and educational lectures in and outside of the department. Serve as a mentor and/or resource for teaching and supervising less experienced therapists, therapist assistants, students, rehab aides, practice assistants, and support personnel in patient care activities.
- Demonstrate initiative, seek opportunities and set professional goals in areas of teaching, quality assurance, performance improvement and research. Continue to learn from more experienced clinicians. Support an environment of idea sharing and exchange of feedback with staff across the service and department.
- Bachelor's degree required in Physical Therapy. Doctoral degree preferred in Physical Therapy
- License required: Physical Therapist License,Certificate 1 required: Basic Life Support
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- APTA membership.
Age based Competencies:
- Written Communications:Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications:Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge:Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work:Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service:Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
Posting ID: 558408334Posted: 2020-05-22