DescriptionJackson South Medical Center9333 SW 152nd Street, Miami, FL 33157Nights- 7:00 pm -7:30 am
The COVID Clinical Staff Nurse functions as a champion of quality patient care and professional caregiver who demonstrates critical thinking skills and scientific judgment in the anticipation and planning for the care of the COVID patient. The COVID Clinical Staff Nurse is responsible to perform at a competent level of nursing and consistently demonstrates nursing process. These standards include: assessment, diagnosis, identification of outcomes, planning, implementation, coordination of care, teaching and health promotion and evaluation. The COVID Clinical Staff Nurse is also responsible to hold the highest standards of professional performance, which include: ethics, cultural diversity, communication, collaboration, evidence based practice, nursing research, quality, resource utilization, and environmental health. These standards of practice encompass the actions and foundation of professional nursing. The COVID Clinical Staff Nurse will function within the JHS CARE Model, which includes accountability for planning, implementing, evaluating and communicating all phases of nursing care for assigned patients. The COVID Clinical Staff Nurse possesses clinical knowledge and skills to meet standards as required by specific clinical areas.
- Generally requires 1 to 3 years of related experience.
- Associate's degree in Nursing is required.
- BSN degree is preferred. Any Employee who will be performing Point of Care and testing in the Operating Room, Neuro ICU, NICU, PICU, Pedi-ER, Cath Lab and/or Interventional Radiology areas, the educational degree must be verified at the time of hire. Minimum education level required to be verified is Associate Degree.
Knowledge Skill Abilities:
- Valid Florida RN license is required.
- American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers certification with at least 6 months validity required. Must meet and maintain valid and current all unit specific and organizational skills/competencies, certifications/licensures, as required by regulatory and/or nursing standard of practice for the specialty.
General Competencies: Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work accurately while meeting multiple deadlines. Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form. Ability to handle difficult and stressful situations with professional composure. Ability to understand and follow instructions. Ability to exercise sound and independent judgment. Knowledge and skill in use of job appropriate technology and software applications. Nursing Competencies: Ability to understand, respects and accommodates patients preferences and needs with regards to their individual beliefs, customs and practices. Must have ability to clearly, accurately and effectively provide information to doctors, other nurses, patients, and family members. Must have ability to show compassion, patience and maintain non-judgmental approach to patients, their families as well as other employees and customers. Unit Specific Competencies: Must have clinical knowledge, skill and ability to fully and accurately complete all required unit competencies, as indicated in the unit competency check-list.
Posting ID: 558408373Posted: 2020-05-22