Primarily responsible for overnight/nonstandard hour freight processing and merchandising functions within the store and is accountable for merchandising and storeroom organizational standards. Leads, directs, and at times actively participates in various aspects of the merchandising process, including freight prep, pre-stocking planning, truck unload, and stocking functions. Works collaboratively with store leadership to drive overall store performance.
1. Leads and directs activities related to backroom organization, ticketing merchandise, and stocking shelves according to operational and merchandising standards. Supports truck unload inventory control processes as needed.
2. Leads and supervises the freight processing/stocking team.
3. Supports merchandising plans, merchandising initiatives, and efforts to achieve defined goals.
4. Utilizes company tools, reports and feedback to effectively analyze trends and refine plans.
5. Ensures that the appearance of the store's interior and exterior are maintained to standards, primarily regarding merchandise presentation and signage.
6. Participates in the interviewing, selection, hiring, training and performance evaluations of associates in collaboration with other store leadership.
7. Administers appropriate disciplinary action to associates, including recommendations for termination, in partnership with other store leadership and in accordance with company guidelines.
8. Assists with store scheduling as it pertains to stocking and merchandising functions on a daily and weekly basis.
9. Serves in the Manager on Duty role on a limited basis. When serving in this role, provides leadership and direction to floor associates and ensures that store, merchandising, and customer service standards are continuously met, including, merchandise presentation, signage, recovery, and cleanliness. Drives the customer experience and ensures resolution of customer issues.
1.High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience required. Must be 18 years of age.
2.Minimum three years retail management experience preferred.
3.Strong organizational, communication, leadership, presentation, and interpersonal skills required.
4.Strong decision-making and problem resolution skills required.
5.Availability to work a variable schedule of at least 40 to 45 hours per week of primarily overnight shifts including weekends and holidays but may also include day or evening shifts is required.
6.Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull a minimum of 50 pounds required. Ability to unload freight, to move product on and off store shelves, to walk, stand, bend, stoop, or kneel for long periods of time, and to move freely throughout store on a continual basis required.
7.Ability to travel between stores with some overnight stays required.
8.Demonstrated visual merchandising skills required.
9.Basic English literacy, math, and PC skills required.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.