The Technical Architect is responsible for the technical oversight of the data warehouse portfolio and setting technical direction for the portfolio through application roadmaps and solution architecture work products. Actively develops and supports the solutions in their roadmap and those existing. Acts as the technical expert in their domain and the "go-to" person assisting both business and development teams.
1. Partner with the business to understand their needs and define an architecture strategy to fulfill those needs.
2. Create three-year application roadmaps, charting the evolution of an application portfolio by modeling the current, intermediate, and future state architectures.
3. Define architecture standards which will be leveraged by both the architecture and development teams to support project delivery.
4. Create architecture artifacts, such as subsystem walkthroughs, system context, and logical/physical infrastructure diagrams to support solution delivery.
5. Set system performance expectations and determine required infrastructure, in conjunction with the Big Lots infrastructure team.
6. Manage technical debt and the mitigation strategy for the debt.
7. Partner with the development teams on technical direction and govern project deliverables to ensure the architecture vision is fulfilled.
8. Be actively accountable for planning, developing, testing, execution, adoption, and ongoing support of all data solutions and capabilities, both current and future.
9. Provide technical leadership and hands on assistance on complex projects and solving complex problems.
10. Mentor and guide less experienced staff.
11. Strategy, development, and support of data solutions new or existing.
1.BS or BA degree in Computer Science or Information Systems required.
2.Minimum 7-9 years of Information Technology experience required.
3.Prior retail industry and/or marketing experience preferred.
4.Demonstrated expertise in multiple architecture domains and various technologies (i.e. Teradata, SAP, Oracle, SQL Server, Datastage, Unix, Linux and Windows Scripting, SQL) required.
5.Extensive experience with two or more of the following data models: snowflake, star, 3nf, dimensional, and multidimensional models preferred.
6.Knowledge and practice of technology trends including columnar and NoSQL databases, predictive analytics, data visualization, machine learning, unstructured data, and their application to the retail industry required.
7.Knowledge and practice across all phases of data modeling from conceptual to database optimization, including SQL development and database administration required.
8.Knowledge and practice of designing for user reporting, visualization and modeling tools, and system to system data movement preferred.
9.Knowledge of the software development cycle, including agile and waterfall practices preferred.
10.Capable of planning, prioritizing, executing own or others work, and escalating issues impacting delivery to management, as needed.
11.Extensive experience with the evaluation and selection of vendor products preferred.
12.Excellent oral and written communication skills, with proven ability to partner and communicate with all levels of the organization preferred.
13.Able to successfully provide results in a fast-paced, multiple-priority, and ever changing environment.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
Posting ID: 558408594Posted: 2020-05-22