Primarily responsible for all customer service, cashiering, and recovery-related functions and is accountable for customer service and operational standards within the store. Leads, directs, and actively participates in all customer-facing and service aspects of the store, including the support of front-end operations, and is responsible for the customer service and associate recognition programs. Responsible for associate staffing, training and development. When serving as the Manager on Duty, leads and provides direction to store associates performing all cashiering, customer service, recovery, and furniture-related activities on the sales floor. Works collaboratively with store leadership to drive overall store performance.
1. Leads and directs all activities related to cashiering, front-end and recovery functions according to operational and merchandising standards.
2. Leads and supervises the service team.
3. Responsible for all activities related to the achievement of customer service standards, training and the day-to-day operational tasks and operational standards, including recovery and merchandising preparation.
4. Drives staffing efforts in the store, including interviewing, selection, hiring and training of associates in collaboration with the other members of the store's leadership team. May complete performance evaluations as directed.
5. Administers appropriate disciplinary action to associates, including recommendations for termination, in partnership with the store leadership and in accordance with company guidelines.
6. Responsible for the supervision, maintenance, and compliance of all customer service and associate recognition programs. Completes training and follow up as needed.
7. Assists with store scheduling and payroll processes on a daily and weekly basis.
8. Establishes plans to accomplish store initiatives and achieve defined goals.
9. Utilizes company tools, reports, and feedback to effectively analyze trends and refine plans.
10. Responsible for the maintenance, supervision, and compliance of the Hazardous Waste program.
11. Serves in Manager on Duty role as needed including opening and closing the store. When serving in this role, provides leadership and direction to floor associates and ensures that store, merchandising, and customer service standards are continuously met, including merchandise presentation, signage, recovery, and cleanliness. Drives the customer experience and ensures resolution of customer issues.
1.High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience required. Must be 18 years of age.
2.Minimum three years retail management experience preferred.
3.Strong organizational, communication, leadership, presentation, and interpersonal skills required.
4.Strong decision-making and problem resolution skills required.
5.Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull a minimum of 50 pounds required. Ability to unload freight, to move product on and off store shelves, to walk, stand, bend, stoop, or kneel for long periods of time, and to move freely throughout store on a continual basis required.
6.Availability to work a variable schedule of at least 40 to 45 hours per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays required.
7.Ability to travel between stores with some overnight stays required.
8.Demonstrated visual merchandising skills required.
9.Basic English literacy, math, and PC skills required.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.