Asset Services is part of Global Markets Operations (GMO). GMO clears and settles trades in securities and listed derivatives, manages fund transfers, provides custody services for proprietary and client assets and maintains control over static product and client data as well as provides reporting of taxes and reconciliation of cost basis. Jacksonville Asset Services is a globally aligned function reporting to the Global Head of Asset Services. The role requires a high degree of analytical and problem solving skills as well as interaction with peers in the New York, London, and Dublin offices. Follows established written procedures and guidelines, provides standard reporting and analytical support. Uses established techniques, analyzes and resolves a wide variety of moderately complex operations problems and initiatives including transactions that require special handling and/or exception handling. Employees in this role typically have a college degree (Associates or higher) or comparable work experience. Required skills include: basic Excel knowledge, detail orientation, ability to manage multiple priorities and multi task, excellent time management and prioritization skills, ability to meet tight deadlines, ability and willingness to continuously learn on the job, ability to problem-solve and take ownership of process improvements, ability to work in a team environment, excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate with various stakeholders. Desired skills for this role include: expert Excel knowledge, Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or similar major preferred and basic understanding of and/or experience in Financial service industry. To be used for employees in Global Markets only
. Responsibilities include:
- Daily reconciliation of differences between our books and records versus a third party cost basis system that are resulting from corporate action events, trade corrections, asset transfers, etc.
- Respond to queries relating to tax reporting discrepancies on institutional accounts.
- Update the reporting systems with corporate action events not supported by our vendor.
- Asset Transfer cost basis solicitation and cost basis transmission.
- Work with the team to create effective solutions in the cost basis reconciliation/reporting processes.
- Client focused and ability to manage risk.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in a team environment.
- Ability to work with all levels of the firm and people with different backgrounds and experiences.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Previous experience within corporate actions a plus.
- College degree.
- Strives to bring new thoughts and ideas to teams in order to drive innovation and unique solutions.
- Excels in working among diverse viewpoints to determine the best path forward.
- Experience in connecting with a diverse set of clients to understand future business needs - is a continuous learner.
- Commitment to challenging the status quo and promoting positive change.
- Participate in and drive collaborative efforts to advance tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve an evolving client base.
- Believes in value of diversity so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
1st shift (United States of America) Hours Per Week:
Posting ID: 558408625Posted: 2020-05-22