The GWIM Selects / Merrill Lynch Portfolio Manager actively supports the M.L. Credit Executive role in the end-to-end credit management process by delivering consistently high quality credit related support and monitoring to Merrill Lynch clients. The Selects / Merrill Portfolio Manager is a client facing role and is responsible for monitoring and executing all tasks required oversee the GWIM Portfolio Management Process with a focus on global resolutions for clients. Activites include risk recognition, financial anaysis, resolution / escalation of problem loans asset quality and coordinating solutions with GWIM Partners. Partners with CAU Associates to monitor loans including the collection of required financial documents. The ML Portfolo Manager will be responsible for the management of collection of all required financial documents, resolving failed covenants, resolution of past dues and timely renewal of Custome Loans. Partners with Merrill CSA's for effective and timely issue resolution; ensuring transactions are completed within audit and compliance standards while handling client inquiries and coordinating with Merrill Lynch Credit Executives to deliver high quality service to the client. Exercises assigned Credit Authority consistent with the Approval Grid.
* Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or Economics is required
* Minimum of 10 years experience with a financial institution focusing on Underwriting / Monitoring for clients preferably in Commerical or Private Banking
* Strong Credit Analysis Skills
* Strong Time Management and Organization skills
* Client Focused - seeks ways to exceed client expectations
* Knowledge of the GWIM policies, procedures, and guidelines is preferred
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with clients, business partners, and other associates.
* Ability to manage multiple complex tasks while delivering high quality results
* Leadership, initiative, self-motivation and resourcefulness
* Responsibilites including mentoring and coaching of junior associates
* Strong teamwork required. Must work effectively with other associates and business partners towards common goal
* Ability to influence others with effective negotiating skills
* Requires proficiency including Excel, Word, Outlook and other applications. Preferred knowledge of Global Monitoring System (GMS) and Global Underwriting System (GUS), AFS/LIQ, BOSS, and other GWIM Banking systems
* This position is subject to SAFE Act Registration.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Posting ID: 558408646Posted: 2020-05-22