BBT IV - OSPJob ID:
Nacogdoches, TX 75961
Altice Technical Services US Corp. is a newly formed entity within the Altice NV global family of companies. Altice Technical Services US Corp. is a first of its kind national services organization capable of deploying and implementing cutting edge video, internet and voice products and networks to the consumer. We promote the culture of an innovative start-up company that is intensely focused on providing the highest level of service to our clients. Altice Technical Services is responsible for the technical service delivery from the execution at our head ends through to the customer premise. You have an opportunity to be on the ground floor of something new and exciting as we innovate and introduce services such as fiber to the home and bring Generation Gigaspeed to life.
Under general supervision the Broadband Technician (BBT) IV repairs and maintains the fiber and coaxial transport and distribution cable services including residential and business video, data, telephone, and security. As needed supports repair and maintenance of headend electronics and critical infrastructure equipment. Performs troubleshooting from the headend to the customer's electronic devices. Supports and mentors lower level technicians and fulfills service and installation as needed to exceed customer needs.
• Provides quality internal and external customer service reflecting the Company values
• Coaches and mentors other technical operations team members
• Fulfills demand maintenance and preventive maintenance by troubleshooting and repairing the transport, trunk, and distribution networks from the Master Telecommunication Center (headend) to customer's electronic devices
• Maintains a unity gain network
• Fulfills FCC-required network tests
• Serves as a mentor to other team members, providing instruction, support and direction
• Performs all duties of Broadband Technician I, II, and III as necessary
o Troubleshoots and repairs the distribution network from headend to customer's electronic devices
o Maintains network integrity through preventive maintenance
o Resolves issues at installation and on scheduled service call from customer's electronic devices to tap
o Installs, tests and troubleshoots Company services including video, data and telephone from tap to customer electronic devices
o Educates customers regarding use of installed products; explains waivers, agreements, customer release forms, charges and billing procedures
o Determines customer's current service levels; inquiries about customer preferences and needs; recommends service upgrades or additional products
o Resolves or escalates customer complaints, as appropriate
o Uses automated routing system or plans daily route; requisitions equipment and supplies; stocks Company vehicle
o Meets scheduled appointment windows
o Completes work orders and other documentation on paper or by mobile device
o Represents Company to collect payments and equipment; secures appropriate customer signatures
• Uses small hand tools, power tools, meters, and other test equipment
• Maintains and secures Company truck and equipment
• Works on regularly scheduled days as well as unscheduled days and beyond regular work hours as required
• Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications / Requirements/Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Appropriate valid driver's license and driving record within Company standards
• Ability to drive Company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner
• Qualified to obtain all necessary licenses required by the state in which he/she is installing and/or servicing security services (if applicable).
• Knowledge of basic mathematics
• Knowledge of basic electronics
• Skill in using a Windows-based computer
• Ability to comprehend and operate appropriate testing equipment (e.g. signal level meters, ohm meters)
• Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
• Ability to work independently and with others
• Bi-lingual proficiency preferred in some locations
• Ability to communicate in person and by telephone
• Vision ability: close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus; ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires
• Hand and finger dexterity to carry and to use tools and equipment as necessary
• Ability to work while standing 50 - 70% of the time
• Ability to use any equipment in a safe manner, in accordance with company, industry and regulatory standards
• Ability to safely lift 75 pounds
• Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder, (approx. 28 ft high and 75 pounds). Accommodation with 50-pound maximum lifting is available.
• Ability to climb poles using gaffs, hooks and climbing belt (weight limit of 350 pounds) as needed
• Ability to work in confined spaces such as crawlspaces and attics by crawling, bending, reaching, twisting
• BDS certification preferred
• Home security installation experience preferred
• Minimum of 1 year BBT III level experience preferred
• Work indoors in poorly ventilated areas such as attics during extreme heat
• Work performed near power lines and electricity
• Work, including travel, outdoors in adverse weather conditions day or night
• Exposure to dust, dirt, noise, insects, cleaning solutions
Altice Technical Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Can't find the job you're looking for?
Join our Talent Community and receive job alerts when we have new opportunities that match your interests.
Share This Page
- Careers Home
- Students & Grads
- Employee Portal
Cheddar Optimum Suddenlink Altice Business a4 News 12 Networks i24 NEWS
Copyright Altice USA - All rights reserved.
Altice is anequal opportunity employer