Summary Field Supervisor Full Time
At our Company, we grow People, Brands, and Businesses! If you enjoy field sales, retail merchandising, and leading a dedicated retail team, then our Field Supervisor opportunity could be the right fit for you. Our dedicated merchandising team is in need of a seasoned leader with experience overseeing merchandising and sales activities in high-traffic retail locations. The ideal candidate will lead a team of retail merchandisers, cultivate relationships with in-store management, and execute employee training while delivering company expectations. As part of our winning team, you'll receive top-tier training, competitive base salary, and a comprehensive benefits package all with the opportunity for career growth. Looking to make an impact on overall growth strategies for the Consumer Packaged Goods industry?
Take this opportunity to join North America's leading business solutions provider and build your career working with amazing people in a growing industry! Apply today! What we offer:
- Full-Time Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401(k) with company match
- Training and Career Development
- Generous Paid Time-Off
- Recruitment and Retention of retail merchandisers through training and development.
- Manage team scorecard to ensure associate meets the merchandising requirements as established by the client.
- Partner with client representatives to conduct in-store training and development days for team members.
- Assign merchandisers to stores and maintain work schedules for direct reports.
- Complete timely and accurate reporting including: recaps, audits, itineraries, timekeeping, expense and other required reports.
- Build productive relationships with members of the Client and Talent Acquisition team.
- 2+ years merchandising experience (Preferably in the CPG Industry)
- 1 to 2 years lead or supervisory experience
- Home office required and the ability to travel at least 40% of the time
- Ability to hire, train, and develop associates to build an effective team
- Ability to develop robust, cross-functional relationships with peers and business leaders
- Must be able to present information to store management and to participate in meetings with other business partners
The Company is one of North America's leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today. Position Summary
The Field Supervisor is responsible to supervise Retail Merchandisers and ensure all goals are achieved by maintaining all Client and Customer Standards merchandising products at retail accounts within an assigned territory. Essential Job Duties and ResponsibilitiesTeam Management
- Train Retail Merchandisers and ensure they are equipped and prepared to perform all assigned job responsibilities. Creating and managing score card to ensure associate meets the merchandising requirements as established by the client.
- Partners with client representatives to conduct in store training and development days for team members
- Assign merchandisers to stores and maintain work schedules for direct reports
- Complete store audits to ensure merchandisers are properly performing each task and all standards are met
Administration and Reporting
- Supports team members by ensuring all aspect of the merchandising process are in place and meet the client and customer objectives. Conducts periodic distribution audits and processes daily reports as necessary.
- Complete timely and accurate, recaps, itineraries, timekeeping, expense and other required reports
Hires, retains, trains, coaches, guides, directs, and develops direct reports using company-wide processes, tools and resources
May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
- Travel is not an essential duty and function of this job. Driving is an essential duty or function of this job.
Education Level: (Required)
High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- 2-4 years of experience in Merchandising
- 1-2 years of lead or supervisory experience
Environmental & Physical RequirementsField / Administrative Requirements
- Skill in supervising to include delegating responsibility, training and evaluating performance
- Ability to direct, lead, coach, and develop people
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong prioritization skills
- Ability to visualize and plan objectives and goals strategically
- Ability to make oral presentations
- Basic computer skills including familiarity with Word, Excel, and Internet usage
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work may be performed in an office, field, retail store, or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: engage in considerable physical activity, ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds, stand on feet for long periods of time, use products or cook food as appropriate for the demonstration, and may be required to work in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections). Also required to travel and drive. The use of proper safety practices when handling the products and/or cooking is essential. Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one's supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.