Our associates celebrate lives. We celebrate our associates.
Consider the possibilities of joining a Great Place to Work!
Manages, delegates, and performs the overall administrative function of a funeral home, cemetery and or crematory operation. Manages and coordinates the activities of support staff to ensure the highest quality services and products are provided.
- Direct supervision of two or more full time employees
- In accordance with company policies and procedures oversees processing of accounting support functions including: collections, billing, verifications and payments of invoices, petty cash
- Assigns processing orders and controls storage inventory
- Coordinates the completion and filing of various forms and reports; verifies accuracy
- Administers local HR processes as applicable
- Collaborates and supports all other departments within the business unit
- Reviews time cards and administers corporate payroll policies and procedures
- Facilitates vendor coordination and supervision
- Pulls monthly reports for key performance indicators
- Trains staff in processes and procedures
- Processes expense reports and tracks Capital Expenditure Authorizations
- Conducts Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) Audits
- Assists Associates in ensuring all documentation is SOX compliant
- Maintains vehicle records and licenses
- Updates General Price Lists and approves contracts as necessary
- Manages Alarm Systems including codes, working order, etc.
- Monitors document retention policies and disposes of expired documents in a secure manner
- Prepares customer statements
- Provides a collaborative, productive workplace environment for associate growth and development that instills pride, a sense of ownership, and the challenge to associates to exceed expectations
- Assures compliance with all company policies and procedures
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completion of a diploma training program at a college or technical school preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 5 years of administrative management experience with a strong customer service focus
- 3 years bookkeeping, general office, clerical accounting, and Accounts Payable experience
- MS Project management and database software experience or equivalent
- Ability to multi task and set priorities
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to display compassion and remain calm in stressful situations
- Working knowledge of office equipment including, calculators, copiers, printers, and fax machines
- Communication skills both orally and in writing
- Customer service skills
- Organizational and problem solving skills
- Understands confidential matters and documents
Postal Code: 92683
Category (Portal Searching): Operations
Job Location: US-CA - Westminster
Req ID: Req.86405Who we are. What we do.
We are North America's largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals, who proudly serve our community, provide caring assistance to families in need, and honor veterans and public servants.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one's life."SCI" refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliates.Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Posting ID: 558408820Posted: 2020-05-29