AV(Audio visual) UC(Unified communications) Systems AdministratorPosition Highlights:
The Ideal Candidate:
- The AV Systems Administrator is responsible for the Center's collaboration operations including Telepresence support, web-conferencing, content delivery networks, event planning, room management, and implementation of the Teleconferencing infrastructure; ensuring a robust, stable, secure, and highly available conferencing environment. This position will be responsible for, but not limited to, the ongoing improvement of the existing collaboration infrastructure and support of clinical, executive, and non-executive collaborative sessions within Moffitt's enterprise and externally with Moffitt's regional, national, and global affiliates and partners.
Responsible for the Center's collaboration operations including Telepresence (room-based, huddle room, desktop and mobile videoconferencing), web conferencing, content delivery networks (IPTV, VOD, Streaming Media), and real-time-collaboration. This position will be responsible for the ongoing improvement of the existing collaboration infrastructure and support of clinical, executive, and non-executive collaborative sessions within Moffitt's enterprise and externally with Moffitt's regional, national, and global affiliates and partners. Additional Skills:
- Audio Visual Conferencing....
- Extensive experience with operating, implementing, and troubleshooting audio video Content Delivery systems (IPTV, Live Streaming, Streaming Media, Digital Signage.)
- Experience with live streaming and live events coordination and planning of real time collaboration support
- Detailed troubleshooting of the AV infrastructure on Crestron control systems
- Experience with standards based videoconferencing and web based conferencing solutions (Cisco, Polycom, WebEx, Zoom, Teams)
- Experience in Cisco/Tandberg visual collaboration infrastructure field
- Experience working with vendors and AV integrators.
- Ability to communicate effectively with to internal customers, peers, and management.
- Collaborate with other IT teams and mentor junior AV Technicians
- Knowledge and experience with wireless and network infrastructure
- Develop innovative ideas; assist with defining the centers strategy for a broad range of audio, video, and conferencing technologies that can streamline work-flows, provide additional features while cutting cost.
- Translate business requirements into technical designs and engineer appropriate deployments of enterprise unified communication platforms, streaming content delivery networks; hands-on experience setting related policies, procedures, network software, hardware and documentation standards.
- Understanding of and experience with QoS, SIP, H.323, video conferencing, video streaming, firewall, Network Topology, Vlans, and VoIP systems.
- Experience performing and analyzing packet captures and port and IP scanning using software utilities and Unix commands (e.g. Wireshark, nmap, Advanced IP Scanner).
- Proficient with disaster recovery and business continuity preparedness activities.
- Develop and maintain detailed documentation including assert management, bill of material configurations, SOW, IT requirements, and architectural documentation for change implementation and ongoing support.
- Ability to work in a disciplined change control production environment.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Day to Day Operations - Run The Business
- Develop and Maintain Coordination of Telecommunications Voice/Data services.
- Analyses and takes appropriate actions for telephone outages in emergency situations.
- Lifecycle and Capacity Management
- Project and Team Work
- Bachelor's degree - Audio Video Conferencing, or Network Engineering or related technical field.
- * 'in lieu of' a Bachelors degree please review Experience Minimum Required section below.
* -OR- Associate's degree with an additional three (3) years of relevant technology experience plus the four (4) years (for a total of 7 years) experience may be considered 'in lieu' of a Bachelors degree.
* -OR- High School Diploma with an additional five (5) years of relevant technology experience plus the four (4) years (for a total of 9 years) experience may be considered 'in lieu' of a Bachelors degree.
- Minimum four (4) years of proficiency in a technical support role of information systems, with at least one major area of focus or experience with Active Directory, Messaging and Message Archiving, Telecommunications, Conferencing and Audio Visual environments, or Virtual Health platforms.
- Bachelor's degree - Appropriate vocational/technical training in Audio Visual, Broadcasting, or Audio Production experience
- CTS (Certified Technology Specialist)
- CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate)
- CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional)
- Working in an environment where HIPAA compliance is in use. Logical problem solving skills with the ability to follow documented instructions and guidelines. Experience in a healthcare setting preferred, specifically a hospital or hospital system, preferably in a 24x7 environment.
- Minimum 3-5 years of Cisco VoIP/IP Telephony design, deployment, integration of Contact Center technologies, and support experience is HIGHLY Preferred.
- Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) Highly preferred
Posting ID: 558408997Posted: 2020-05-22