As the Raw Materials Sourcing Lead you will lead the development and execution of a global raw materials sourcing strategy for Columbia Sportswear Apparel, Accessories and Equipment. You will collaborate with cross-functional and liaison office partners to understand the Company's direction and product line needs. You will grow the alignment with the finished goods strategy as well as optimize vendor resources and capabilities to provide quality, sustainable profitability and delivery.
- Collaboratively build and maintain a Raw Materials Source Strategy that sets the direction for development teams in PDX and the LOs to execute seasonal and strategic commercialization. Ensure that the strategy manages risk, aligns with finished goods strategy and Brand strategies, and optimizes location and capability of raw material source base. Communicate the RM source strategy to cross-functional partners across the business
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of our suppliers' capabilities and business plans. Utilize factory performance metrics of development, quality, delivery, cost, and compliance to guide the source selection process. Establish and manage vendor performance metrics and review to drive improved execution from the source-base
- Be a leader for continuous process improvement for material sourcing. Participate on projects or issues that develop and impact material sourcing, costing, production flow, development and other related manufacturing area
- In collaboration with Liaison Offices, develop new vendors to provide the capacity and/or product needed to support future brand needs
- Find and work with strategic Tier3 (yarn suppliers) and Tier4 (dyes and chemical) vendors to realize long term RM cost competitiveness, quality assurance and enable cost-neutral sustainable design to core toolkit fabric and trims
- Drive calendar alignment and awareness to ensure that key sourcing and cross functional deadlines are met
- Understand global apparel industry trends, trade regulations, and company direction to maximize profitability and determine new source opportunities
- In close collaboration with Materials Costing Team track key material cost drivers and timely communicate relevant information, with product cost implications, to appropriate stakeholders across the business
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with CSC raw material vendors
- Closely collaborates with brand MR teams, LO MR teams, RM planning, and product commercialization teams to ensure alignment with the broader sourcing strategies and vendor management philosophy
- Proactive communication of risk assessments as a result of political, economic, or other factors, as well as associated mitigation actions
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge of raw materials and garment manufacturing including, sourcing, costing and functional components
- Possess strong working knowledge of global trade agreements and regulations, standard manufacturing practices, and planning operations
- Role may require 50+ hours per week, usually with 8-10 hour days. Attendance at evening/weekend meetings may be required
- Position requires travel internationally, approximately up to 25% of time
- 8+ years experience in apparel or other soft goods sourcing, development, merchandising, production, or a manufacturing environment
- International management experience and direct experience with Asian outsourced manufacturing preferred
- College degree in business, apparel/textiles, manufacturing, or related experience.Possess strong organizational skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work in an evolving business environment
- Must be able to anticipate and solve problems of an unusual and complex nature, make decisions using data analysis and operate independently with discretion
- Ability to motivate others and negotiate to achieve results
- Ability to deal with work and time pressures to accomplish job requirements in an efficient and effective manner
- Ability to work well with individuals of different countries and cultures
Columbia Sportswear Company and our portfolio of brands, including Columbia, SOREL, Mountain Hardwear and prAna, know a thing or two about adventures. After all, we've been on one for over 70 years, constantly working to perfect the art and enjoyment of the greater outdoors. Behind everything we make is an employee who's found that the greatest adventure starts with joining a company that offers them much more than just a paycheck.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
At Columbia Sportswear Company (CSC), we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. CSC believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Posting ID: 558409182Posted: 2020-05-22