This position is responsible for all activities related to providing the most viable real estate options and transactions in support of the company's strategic objectives. This includes all activities in support of procuring properties for new and relocating stores, renegotiating current leases and disposition of surplus and investment properties. Related tasks include demographic and cannibalization analysis, management of broker network and landlord relationships, presentation of property attributes to executives, negotiating letters of intent, negotiating leases, and cooperatively working with employees in other functional areas within the company.
- Reports to: President & CEO
- Coordinates with: President & CEO, Store Operations, construction, accounting and office administrative staff.
Essential Job Functions
- Strong familiarity and continuous evaluation of total market area
- Site selection for new stores and out-of-town travel for multiple nights as necessary
- Negotiation and document preparation for leases, ground leases, sub-leases, etc.
- Negotiating purchase and sale agreements, and development of reciprocal easements and other agreements
- Researching and securing proper zoning for properties
- Working understanding of governmental regulations, including planning and zoning regulations, wetland and environmental issues, etc., and knowledge of retail construction trade
- Serve as a liaison between Bi-Mart and real estate landlords and development community and being a positive representative in public relations activities with real estate brokers, landlords, government officials and agencies, tenants, developers and their representatives
- Strategic planning of locations and facilities in conjunction with overall strategic plan of company
- Identify store locations to be renegotiated earlier than lease expiration dates as well as staying current on upcoming lease renewals
- Solid negotiation skills
- Safeguard confidentiality; always acting in/protecting Bi-Mart's interest
- Prepare and present periodic reports to senior management
- Maintain effective business partnerships and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Prepare site surveys, cost estimates and financial analysis of new and replacement sites
5 - 10 years of site selection experience
Full Job Description
Posting ID: 558409214Posted: 2020-05-22