Our associates celebrate lives. We celebrate our associates.
Consider the possibilities of joining a Great Place to Work!
Provide a variety of support services to motor vehicle operations, chapel operations, funeral services, and flower transportation. Add value so that operations run smoothly and so that customer service is outstanding by providing cooperative and timely assistance as needed.Essential Job Functions:
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
Experience and Education:
- Provide support to motor vehicle operations by washing, vacuuming, and cleaning vehicles; by ensuring that vehicle tire pressure, fuel and fluid levels are maintained; and by cleaning the service station and carports as needed.
- Provide support to chapel operations by transporting flowers accurately and timely. Transport flowers to outside mortuaries as needed. Ensure that the correct flowers are placed in the correct viewing rooms.
- Assist with setting up chapel for funeral services; inspect chapel for cleanliness and required supplies; and ensure that correct flowers are at the correct service.
- Assist with cleaning and organizing the flower room, treating flowers with respect and dignity.
- Assist with funeral services as needed by being available, eager, helpful, and cooperative.
- Assist the Escort Department with escorting outside mortuaries to the right location; check and verify grave location for correct lot and grave space; and coordinate funeral processions and parking vehicles with other Escorts. Collect burial permits from outside mortuaries.
- Always drive vehicles and move them around in the parking lots safely and courteously.
- Assure that all work areas, working conditions, and work habits are performed in accordance with Company, state, and federal rules and regulations by understanding the importance of safety. Report unsafe conditions to management.
- Keep immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems and significant matters, and take prompt corrective action as needed.
- Participate in training and skill development opportunities to improve competency and customer service.
- Report to work on time and maintain standard attendance.
- Stable experience in work involving, driving, delivery, customer service, warehouse, or car lots
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to read the map books and follow driving directions
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Compassionate personality to relate with the bereaved
- Valid CA driver's license
- Good driving record
- Drive Company vehicles
- Problem solving skills
- Dependability and professional appearance
- Ability to multitask and set priorities
- Detail minded
Work mostly outdoors in all weather conditions ensuring that vehicles are clean and ready for service; work in service station, carports, and parking lots around moving vehicles, and around gas, oil, wet and oily rages, and wet ground from washing cars. Drive Company vehicles around cemetery property to transport flowers and supplies; daily work around groups of grieving people, and have compassion for their loss; must be able to walk on wet grass and on steep and uneven terrain; must be flexible to work occasional overtime and outside of normally scheduled hours, including weekends and holidays.Physical Requirements:
Must be able to pass a lift test with the ability to frequently lift 50lbs and occasionally lift 100+lbs.
Work mostly out of doors in all weather conditions with and around vehicles, service station, carports, parking lots, water, soaps, cleaning fluids, gasoline, and motor oil; must have the physical endurance to work out of doors and wash/clean many vehicles each day; work with and handle loose and bundled flowers, especially arrangements that may weigh up to 30# or more; drive Company vehicles to assist with funerals and floral deliveries; may occasionally be required to lift, carry, push, and/or pull a variety of materials, including bodies/caskets up to 200#; may occasionally be exposed to human remains.Equipment / Machines Operated:
Personal Protective Equipment
Water spray equipment
Vehicle washing/waxing/cleaning equipment
Gasoline, motor oil, vehicle fluids
Rags, water hoses, hand toolsRose Hills is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company's hiring procedures do not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, ethnicity, age, sex, sexual-orientation, veteran's status or disability, or any other legally protected status.
Postal Code: 90601
Category (Portal Searching): Technical and Trade
Job Location: US-CA - Whittier
Req ID: Req.86356Who we are. What we do.
We are North America's largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals, who proudly serve our community, provide caring assistance to families in need, and honor veterans and public servants.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one's life."SCI" refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliates.Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V