Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Site Reliability Engineering team within the Information Technology Digital and Channel Delivery Department has an immediate opening for a mid or senior level Automation Engineer, in Test. This position is located in Pleasanton, California. Position Purpose
Albertsons Companies is rapidly expanding in its digital offerings and is in need for a mid or senior level Automation Engineer, in Test. The right candidate should be able to drive the day to day work for creating and supporting tools used by the release team and supporting product builds. Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform rigorous analyses on large, complex data sets and provide strategic insights, hypotheses, and conclusions based upon findings to non-technical stakeholders
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Experience leading efforts to build out continuous integration and automated deployment pipelines
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong understanding of containers, virtualization, and cloud
- Proficiency using SoapUI, Postman or similar test harnesses for RESTful web service testing
- Experience with commercial and emerging BI databases, technologies, and languages
- 5+ years in software QE automation/testing.
- Solid experience creating automated test frameworks for web/mobile or other software
- Experience with continuous integration environments, writing testable software, and TDD/BDD
- Strong experience with bug tracking tools and procedures around logging and tracking bugs like Jira, confluence, Zephyr
- A solid understanding of how browser-specific internet traffic works in modern web applications, including HTTP, SSL, and JSON
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- Knowledge of any of these frameworks : Selenium, Watir, Sahi, Cucumber, NightwatchJs and Phantomjs
- Experience in testing backend testing - API/DB (Rest assured, Karate, Snowflake, mongoDB)
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Well versed in CI/CD and experienced in building efficient, effective, and reliable regression testing pipeline - (Jenkins/CircleCI)
- Development and/or testing experience on iOS or Android would be good
- Mentor junior SDETs on the team on automation techniques and best practices and on board them on the team.
- Work may be performed in a temperature-controlled environment.
- Must sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time.
- May spend long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
- May use calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment in the course of normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.
- Workday is fast paced; some evening and weekend work may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of personnel How to Apply:
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER