Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The eCommerce and Digital Department have an opening for a Director of Digital Product Management. This position is located in Pleasanton, California Position Purpose
Albertson's Companies is looking for people who are interested in re-imagining the grocery experience by harnessing the power of digital technologies. The Product Management team has broad responsibility to leverage digital technologies to build best in class customer experiences and maximize return on investment. The Director of Product Management will help influence a digital product vision and roadmap that will allow Albertson's Companies to deliver the brand promise of being customers favorite local supermarket. This position is responsible for building business cases, defining, executing, and measures ecommerce and omnichannel product features and capabilities. Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Champion the needs of customers, business teams, stakeholders throughout the development process, ensuring that what is delivered meets the original goals and objectives of the project. Can operate in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Identify unmet customer needs and develops possible feature/functionality concepts that meet those needs
- Gather input from a variety of internal and external sources to define product concepts; responds to the needs of customers throughout the development process; analyzes competitors and market trends; evaluates technologies; develops detailed requirements, feature definitions, implementation plans, and internal communications
- Participate in cross-functional teams during the entire lifecycle of product development, including deployment and post-deployment activities. Proactively identifies problems that arise in the project, outlines options, recommends solutions, and escalates as needed.
- Identify areas that require customer research and proposes research activities to direct supervisor and user experience team. Partners with user experience team to user-test designs through mock-ups, functional prototypes, etc. to ensure they are meeting intended goals.
- Present and secures approval from senior management and other key stakeholders, as necessary
- Anticipate upstream and downstream impacts of the project and works with internal business groups to adjust business tools and practices to support new features and functionality
- Responsible for communicating product solutions and benefits to customers and stakeholders; including knowledge transfer and training for on-going management of features
- Develop supporting business case, including financial impact and benefits statements, to support feature/functionality concepts and sell the concepts to internal audiences through persuasive oral and written presentations
- Build intelligent capability and feature roadmaps using research, data, business context and learnings as input
- Be recognized as an expert across the division -- someone who has excellent judgment and whose projects have contributed significantly to the success of the organization
- Champion new initiatives to leadership team
- Work with engineers to understand system constraints, define requirements, and launch new solutions using an iterative product delivery process.
- Write user stories as a part of the product development lifecycle that:
- directly support primary objectives of the project
- are appropriate in size for iterative development
- include clear and specific acceptance criteria
- consider dependencies on other stories and/or projects & initiatives
- Coordinating with engineering teams on a daily basis to implement technical solutions for our Digital and Ecommerce platform.
- Maintain a technical product backlog of engineering tasks and requirements.
- Work with User Experience & Design teams to create new features/capabilities for our Digital and Ecommerce platform.
- Use analytics to determine future opportunities.
- Identify key technical gaps and improvements in our Digital and Ecommerce omni-channel communication to ensure data quality and customer satisfaction.
- Partner with QA (Quality Assurance) teams to ensure the deployment of high-quality feature enhancements.
- Research competitors and best practices and bring knowledge to the Product Management organization on key product areas of focus.
- Help instrument new technical tools like Jira/Confluence to manage product roadmaps and deliver new enhancements more iteratively.
How to Apply:
- Bachelor's degree or foreign degree equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related and four (4) years of experience in implementing technical solutions for CRM or Ecommerce platforms.
- 6-9 years' experience in one or more of the following areas: product marketing, product/program management, business development, management consulting desired, but not required
- 3-5 years' experience managing direct reports
- Internet and retail experience strongly preferred
- Experience managing teams
- Strong analytical, prioritization and negotiating skills
- Usability and customer-focused design experience a plus
- Experience with A/B testing a plus
- Passionate about building great products and solving customer and business problems
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER