Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Solutions Architect. This position is located in Pleasanton, California. Position Purpose
Albertsons Companies is rapidly expanding in its digital offerings and is in need for a Solution Architect to join the fast
growing, consumer facing digital applications space. The right candidate should be able to understand and execute on
digital transformation strategies by creating best in class technical solutions. This position will guide the Architecture,
Design, Development & Implementation of projects, which deliver the vision & strategy supporting Safeway's business
and IT initiatives. In this role you will work as a part of an exciting and energetic team of professionals to deliver cutting
edge Retail Business strategies using a wide array of the latest technologies. Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide architecture and design solutions for consumer facing applications.
- Provide technical leadership in design, development, and testing of business solutions
- Prepare and present potential technical solutions and advise the business on approach and tradeoffs
- Work with developers, business analysts and subject matter experts to understand the complex technological system to produce integrated end-to-end solution options
- Communicate solution approaches to enterprise architects, project teams and other stakeholders
- Keep up to date on cutting edge technologies like cloud, ML/AI, mobile and big data.
- Works with Tech Leads to identify and mitigate Architectural risks and issues across programs and projects.
- Collaborates with the Enterprise Architect (EA), business and the project team to understand business requirements and strategies, ensures completeness of requirements and create suitable software architectures to support those needs.
- Leverages existing and participates in the creation and augmentation of new and existing reusable service components and patterns.
- Defines the structure of systems, their interfaces, and the principles that guide its organization, software design and implementation.
- Ensures Integration Requirements & Designs are supported by standard Safeway Development Patterns and if required augments them if new patterns emerge.
- Ensures that the solution architecture and design align with the Target Architecture for the project.
- Ensuring that the solution meets the functional and non-functional requirements approved by the business.
- Ensuring adherence to architecture standards and processes.
- Defines and supports reusable application components from a business and technology perspective.
- Contributor to application development principles and patterns.
- Partners with Enterprise, Application, and other Lead Architects in driving modular, services-oriented integration and solutions architectures.
- Ensure Target Architectures are achievable (working with the Application Architect to address any concerns) and are accountable for ensuring that the Solution Architecture and Design can be implemented working along a sequence of events/steps in achieving the Target Architecture.
- Able to provide coding direction to less experienced staff or develops highly complex original code.
- Lead projects, allocate and manage resources. Provide technical leadership, coach, and mentor team members
How to Apply:
- 4-year degree (Computer Science, Information Systems, or relational functional field) and/or equivalent combination of education or work experience
- 10+ years of practical programming (hands-on) experience (OOAD, Java EE, Web Services Technologies, SOAP and/or REST, Spring boot and Spring platform, Junit, Mocking Libraries, TDD and BDD).
- Extended expertise in NoSQL and RDBMS (DML, DDL and Query Optimization).
- Significant experience with systems Integration including building message-based, Kafka and ETL Integrations.
- Hands on experience with technologies like Jenkins, AKS, PCF, Service Bus, Streaming, Containerization, API Management
- Significant experience with the full software development lifecycle and software development methodologies
- (Agile, Iterative).
- Significant experience in capacity planning, systems performance analysis and optimization in a distributed client/server environment.
- Strong design and programming skills.
- Strong understanding of patterns and best practices.
- Strong ability to decompose a broad level business requirement into technical implementation.
- Ability to mentor and guide development team members.
- Strong organization skills with good interpersonal skills and a customer service-oriented attitude.
- Strong experience building consumer facing solutions
- Strong experience building applications on the public cloud.
- Deep knowledge of scalability, security, and maintainability of high-volume Internet applications
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate and drive highly complex technology solutions to broad audiences within and outside of IT
- Ability to define solutions from very high-level business ideas
- Ability to describe non-functional requirements
- Ability to work independently
- Preferred experience with NoSQL databases like Casandra.
- Preferred experience with Redis Cache.
- Preferred experience with Reactive/non-blocking frameworks like Play/Reactor is a plus.
- Preferred experience with Apache Kafka and/or Azure Service Bus is a plus.
- Preferred experience with Apache Spark is a plus.
- Preferred experience with Apache Hadoop is a plus.
- Innovative, out-of-the-box thinker and willingness to push the envelope with creative solutions.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER