The Payroll Accountant is responsible for balancing, reconciling and performing analysis of general ledger interface for benefits. Maintain balance sheet account reconciliations. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:Education Level:
- Take the lead on projects requiring research, organization, communication and problem resolution.
- Coordinating and ensuring all tasks are completed on time.
- Providing guidance to internal/external customers.
- Coordinate audits conducted by internal/external entities on accounting practices/processes, reporting, and tax returns.
- Work with external agencies for proper payments and tax reporting.
- Accountable for maintaining department applications and systems functionality requiring a high level of decision making and technical abilities.
- Train and assist associates and clerks in specific accounting tasks and the use of systems.
- Support team members on all accounting issues.
- Look for areas of opportunity to create enhancements and efficiencies within existing systems and processes.
- Make recommendations for system and process improvements.
- Prepare periodic financial statements/reports for management.
- Analyze financial reports and review expense records using QMF, Access, Lawson DME, and Peoplesoft query tool.
- Handle conflict and issues while maintaining the self-esteem of others.
- Participate and support all departmental functions while continuing to motivate others.
Bachelor's degree preferable in Accounting or Finance. Experience Level:
Four or more years accounting experience in a large organization with mainframe based accounting systems. Three or more years payroll tax experience working with governmental agencies is desirable. Skills and Experiences:
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of GAAP.
- Intermediate level PC skills with knowledge of Windows and Microsoft software applications.
- Peoplesoft experience is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of reporter writer systems and SQL helpful.
- Team Player.
- Analytical skills, independent decision maker.
- Superior customer service attitude and interpersonal skills.
- High degree of initiative, intensity and accuracy.
- Honest and trustworthy, exhibiting sound business ethics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented with great organizational skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to coordinate and direct workflow within the department.
- Ability to troubleshoot and provide solutions/recommendations to manager.
None PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT:
- Sits for extended periods of time.
- Bending, stooping and twisting required periodically.
- Uses calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment in the course of normal workday.
- Workday is fast paced.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
Posting ID: 558409347Posted: 2020-05-22