Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Sr. Software Engineer This position is located in Pleasanton, CA. Position Purpose
Albertsons Companies' IT Digital Customer Experience team has a need for a Software Engineer V. This role will be an individual contributor responsible for delivering projects that pertain to the Digital Customer Experience and eCommerce/Grocery Delivery business functions. The candidate will work closely with the IT Director or Manager of Digital Customer Experience, and partner with its peer development team members, other cross-functional IT teams, business stakeholders and leadership team distributed across geographical locations including Pleasanton CA, Phoenix, AZ and Manila, Philippines. Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design, construct and implement highly scalable data management systems, across multiple platform types
- Implement and support highly scalable systems to support eCommerce or Digital Customer Experience
- Hands-on engineering responsibilities (build, installation, configuration, upgrades, testing, deployment and performance tuning & optimization). Document the procedures/instructions for other team members to follow.
- Assist in troubleshooting production support issues, and be available as needed
- Investigate and resolve performance issues in a timely manner
- Collaborate with Architecture, eCommerce Engineering and Support, Project Managers, and other Business/IT teams in finding solutions to meet business needs
- Identify opportunities and develop scripts to automate the tasks where possible to minimize the manual work and to produce high quality and consistent work.
- Diagnose, isolate, and debug problems and performs problem resolution.
- Assess technical risks, provide options, recommendations, and strategy to mitigate risks
- Providing guidance and assistance to peers and other team members in related job functions
- Adhere to standard processes and procedures.
- Assure quality, security and compliance requirement are met for supported area
How to Apply:
- 4-year degree (Computer Science, Information Systems, or related functional field) and/or equivalent combination of education or work experience
- 7+ years of hands-on programming and integration experience (Java, J2EE/Spring, SOAP, REST APIs)
- Significant experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies is required
- Experience in No-SQL and in-memory DB (MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis...) is strongly preferred, but not required
- Experience in Microsoft Azure, Pivotal, DevOps and CI/CD tools and processes is strongly preferred, but not required
- Experience in high-performance and high-frequency data streaming (using Kafka, Storm etc.) and handling large volume of batch data (using Spark) is strongly preferred, but not required
- Experience in the e-commerce domain, with deep understanding of product search and browse, catalog and master data management, pertaining to Retail/Grocery industry is preferred
- Experience in Jira, Confluence is strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of design patterns and best practices.
- Strong emphasis on Testing, Quality and Automation
- Strong ability to decompose a broad level business requirement into technical implementation.
- Ability to mentor and guide development team members.
- Strong organization skills with good interpersonal skills and a customer service oriented attitude.
- Strong experience building consumer facing solutions and building applications on the public cloud
- Deep knowledge of scalability, security, and maintainability of high-volume Internet applications
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate and drive highly complex technology solutions to broad audiences within and outside of IT
- Ability to define solutions from very high-level business ideas
- Ability to work independently
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER