Our associates celebrate lives. We celebrate our associates.
Consider the possibilities of joining a Great Place to Work!
Assist and direct families to appropriate viewing and services. Provide assistance to families, guests and coworkers during mortuary visitation time, while exhibiting empathy, warmth and friendliness with the ability to provide a pleasant atmosphere. Responsible for taking money in the form of cash, check, or credit card from customers in exchange for goods.Essential Job Functions:
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
Experience and Education:
- At all times, must present warmth, compassion, empathy, good manners, and diplomacy to grieving family members and guests. Present a genuine smile out of kindness.
- Provide directions to Rose Hills, to the proper staterooms, and to interment locations.
- Give service and viewing time information to families, florists and visitors.
- Direct and assist families and their guests to proper viewing rooms and chapels.
- Answer incoming calls promptly and professionally using proper telephone etiquette.
- Answer families' questions and provide personal assistance as needed.
- Insure that visitation rooms are prepared to receive families.
- Enters purchases into cash register to calculate total purchase price. Accepts cash, checks, or credit cards for payment; completes transactions according to established procedure and issues receipt for funds received
- Balances cash drawer and receipts; documents discrepancies.
- Assists customers in locating specific items.
- Keeps register area neat and stocked with necessary supplies and make sure merchandise displayed in an orderly manner.
- Deal diplomatically with continual interruptions, changing priorities, and daily deadlines.
- Must be able to multi-task, set priorities, and organize work.
- Adhere to Company and departmental policies, procedures, rules, and controls.
- Adhere to safety rules and regulations, and report unsafe practices to management.
- Act on customer complaints to provide satisfactory resolution.
- Understand and achieve annual SMART goals.
- Participate in training and skill development opportunities to improve competency and customer service.
- Report to work on time and maintain standard attendance.
- Two years in a fast paced customer service environment where warmth and compassion were developed
- Stable employment history
- High School Diploma or GED
- Warmth, compassion, empathy
- Diplomacy under pressure
- Manage large crowds of people by maintaining composure
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks, and differentiate level of importance
- High level of communication skill
- Cultural sensitivity to the diverse community that Rose Hills serves
- Basic PC skill with MSWord, Excel, and Outlook
- AS400 familiarity
Postal Code: 90601
Category (Portal Searching): Administration and Clerical
Job Location: US-CA - Whittier
Req ID: Req.86336Who we are. What we do.
We are North America's largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals, who proudly serve our community, provide caring assistance to families in need, and honor veterans and public servants.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one's life."SCI" refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliates.Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Posting ID: 558409358Posted: 2020-05-22