Albertsons Companies is a top 10 US retailer with over $59 billion annual sales (Fortune 500 - #52) and 2,200 stores. A key corporate strategy is to build strong relationships with our top consumer goods products (CPG) partners and annual joint business plans to deliver corporate growth. We work strategically and collaboratively with our top partners to build best in class marketing plans across our entire shopping ecosystem to deliver our joint goals including in-store, ecommerce, drive up and go, and delivery.
Our vision is to be recognized by our top CPG partners and within our industry as the best in class shopper marketing organization and in order to achieve that we must fully leverage our existing toolkit to drive CPG investment and sales while also aggressively innovating the future. This role will require a visionary mindset to own and develop our innovation plan for the entire Retail Marketing team to unlock the next big capability to step change sales growth. You will need to closely partner with the entire Retail Marketing team and strategic partners to develop a test and learn plan ranging from in-store to ecommerce to media to performance marketing and everything in-between. You will play a critical role defining innovative new tools to unlock CPG investment to fuel incremental sales.
The Marketing Department has an opening for a CPG Retail Marketing Innovation Senior Manager. This position is located in Boise, Idaho. This Sr. Manager role will be responsible for our top 51-75 CPG partner annual business plans and our entire Innovation plan and test and learn plan. Position Purpose
The Albertson's Companies CPG Retail Marketing Team plays a vital role in our company's future growth through best in class CPG marketing plans across our entire shopping experience including stores, ecommerce, drive up and go, and delivery across all of our banners. We are looking for a CPG Retail Marketing Innovation Sr. Manager who is a strong leader and passionate about all aspects of retail marketing including building and executing marketing plans and achieving key business targets with our top CPG partners. This key growth leader will own our top 51-75 retail partner accounts and will be responsible for selling and building strategic annual joint business plans leveraging our existing marketing toolkits while also helping to innovate new tools and capabilities.
Additional responsibilities will include owning and developing our CPG retail marketing Innovation Action Plan which will outline new innovations and test and learn plans across the entire shopper path to purchase. You will also be our in-store expert and build an action plan to improve existing capabilities and to help build the future through new innovation and testing. The role will also develop a rolling 18-month Retail Marketing calendar we can utilize to build exciting new shopper programs and drive CPG investment and sales.
The CPG Retail Ecommerce Marketing Sr. Manager will leverage the power of partnerships, strong marketing selling toolkits, new innovation, and a new retail marketing annual calendar to drive annual CPG investment, revenue, and sales growth for the Albertson's Companies. Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing strong strategic partnerships and relationships with our Top 51-75 CPG Partner marketing, sales, and digital innovation teams.
- Build and execute Top 51-75 partner annual business plans and KPI's. This annual process will include establishing initial annual plans, budgets, and KPI's across top strategic priorities. Throughout the FY, you will be responsible for monitoring progress and delivering aggressive gap closing plans to deliver the plans if needed and looking for opportunities to fuel momentum via further investment.
- Be the Retail Marketing innovation leader across the entire shopper path to purchase. You will lead an annual innovation test and learn plan to define 3+ new ideas we can launch and leverage annually.
- Own the current News America relationships as we look to improve current tools, capabilities, and CPG selling.
- Own division communication and training to drive knowledge and selling of our best marketing investments at all levels.
- Collaborate with and potentially manage a Retail Marketing Coordinator to efficiently execute plans on time and within budget.
- Develop talent within the organization, recruit, develop and mentor a lean, agile, highly efficient performance marketing team.
- Strong leadership, collaboration, and strategic skill sets based on previous experience.
- Bachelor's degree with strong academic record in marketing. MBA preferred.
- 3+ years of shopper or ecommerce marketing experience and building annual plans with top CPG partners.
- At least 2+ years digital marketing, ecommerce on-site/off-site marketing, and performance marketing experience.
- At least 2+ years leading and managing a high performance and growth minded team.
- Previous internal/external selling role and experiences with large companies.
- Previous experience developing and creating new innovative tools to drive sales growth.
- Strong ability to build trusting, collaborate partnerships internally and externally across all levels and functions.
- Familiarity with key marketing tools and applications across in-store, on-site tools (i.e. paid search, banners, etc.) and off-site performance marketing across display ads and social media.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills to find and sell in new opportunities to drive our business.
- Analytically comfortable building a strategy and story using large data sets.
- Ability to think and perform both tactically and strategically
- Ability to communicate effectively to senior and executive management; exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills that can be tailored to internal partners
- Seasoned in managing timelines, delivery, dependencies, communication across teams
- Able to pivot readily and react to real-time data to proactively build gap closing or momentum building plans.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills including experience managing high performing teams
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude with a willingness to learn new innovations.
- Hands-on experience with managing direct reports & partners
- Demonstrated people leadership capabilities including mentorship, hiring, and leading
- Strong, established relationships with some of the major digital channel partners (Google, Facebook, Pinterest, et al)
- Proven track record of building strategic plans, executing with excellence, and driving significant results and exceeding KPI's/goals.
May require some routine travel to our Pleasanton, CA office. How to Apply:
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER