Job Description Summary Job Description
The OCM Manager will play a key role in ensuring high impact strategic initiatives are implemented with maximum effectiveness by ensuring leadership buy-in, employee adoption and overall organizational readiness. This role will focus on the people side of change, including changes to business processes, systems and technology, job roles, capability requirements and organization structures.
The first critical project for this global role is to lead the eBusiness transformation for BD Biosciences. The primary responsibility will be to work with the implementation partner to create and implement change management strategies and plans that maximize employee adoption and participation globally while minimizing resistance at all levels in the organization. The expectation of this role is to drive faster adoption, higher utilization of and proficiency with the eBusiness changes and platform that will impact their work. These improvements will increase benefit realization, value creation, ROI and the achievement of results and outcomes. The change manager will have to work through many others at all levels in the organization to succeed. They will act as a coach for senior leaders and executives in helping them fulfill the role of a change sponsor. They may also provide direct support and coaching to all levels of managers and supervisors as they help their direct reports through the necessary transitions.Responsibilities
- Apply a structured methodology and lead change management activities globally
- Apply a change management process and tools to create a strategy to support adoption of the changes required to make the digital transformation project successful. This will include key areas of communication, capability assessment and build-out plan, knowledge transfer, training, and organizational alignment.
- Support communication efforts: support the design, development, delivery, and management of communications to all stakeholders and impacted teams globally.
- Assess the change impact: conduct impact analyses, assess change readiness and identify key stakeholders across the entire organization.
- Support training efforts: provide input, document requirements, and support the design and delivery of training programs, including Agile capability building
- Additional Responsibilities:
- Lead change management assessments
- Identify, analyze, and prepare risk mitigation tactics
- Identify and manage anticipated resistance
- Consult and coach Project Teams
- Create actionable deliverables for the five change management levers: communications plan, sponsor roadmap, coaching plan, training plan, resistance management plan
- Support and engage senior leaders (including C-level executives)
- Work with regional sales and marketing teams on incentive strategies to drive adoption
- Support organizational design and definition of roles and responsibilities
- Evaluate and ensure user readiness
- Manage stakeholders
- Track and report issues
- Define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress
- Manage the change portfolio
- Subject Matter Expert for all OCM related activities across the business unit
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Human Resource Management, Organization Development or equivalent degree, and prior experience in a science related field is a plus
- 5 to 7 years' experience in Project Management role with a minimum of 3 years OCM experience.
- Change management certification or designation desired.
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies, and tools
- Experience of working with external implementation partners on global implementations
- Familiarity with project management approaches (including Agile), tools and phases of the project lifecycle, as well as, experience with large-scale, global organizational change efforts
- A solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal in a highly matrixed organization.
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations.
- Forward looking with a holistic approach.
- Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics.
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization and with different global regions that have different understandings and level of support for the project.
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges, as well as cultural differences.
- Comfortable in a global, fast-paced, always-on, highly matrixed environment with limited resources
- Ability to travel globally and domestically: this role will require global and domestic travel, anticipated 25-30% of time initially, ramping up to 50% during implementation phase.
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Jose Additional Locations Work ShiftNA (United States of America)
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Posting ID: 558409373Posted: 2020-05-22