Don't just live life....love life!
Who wants to go to a boring job? At Lifespace, we get paid to create memories for our residents!
We are not limited by our job title. We are one team united by our passion for service with a dash of fun. No matter the stage in your career, this is your opportunity to be empowered to create your own lasting impression.
Lifespace Communities would like to introduce the opportunity to become a Groundskeeper Assistant
at Friendship Village of Bloomington, a CCRC community located in Bloomington, Mn. The shift that we are currently seeking is full-time seasonal/temporary working June -August from 7 am - 3:30 pm Monday - Friday.
The Groundskeeper Assistant helps the Groundskeeper and Grounds Lead in maintaining all community grounds and equipment used to maintain a manicured appearance. The Groundskeeper completes work within scheduled time frame, according to budget, and priority set by the supervisor. A few other details about the role:
And here's what you need to apply:
- According to assigned schedule, mow, trim, edge, and weed grounds; plant, trim, and prune various trees, bushes, shrub and plants; landscape grounds areas, replace mulch and spray insecticide or herbicides.
- Inspect the grounds daily for cleanliness; remove limbs, rake leaves, debris, and litter, and other hazards including those created by environmental conditions.
- Maintain the community ponds, fountains and waterfalls as dictated by community surroundings.
- Operate and repair irrigation system to meet landscaping demands.
- Operate landscaping equipment not limited to include tractors, mowers, edger, snow blowers, power washer, company vehicles and hand or power tools safely. Ensure that equipment is properly maintained and report malfunction or repair needs.
- Report other maintenance or repair issues, unsafe conditions, and inventory shortages.
- Perform general maintenance work orders and preventive maintenance assignments.
- Comply with applicable federal, state and local laws, rules, and regulations; maintain knowledge of and follows all company policies and procedures.
- Obtain knowledge and demonstrate the principles of Living Lifespace, person directed care and successful aging philosophies and their inherent core values of commitment, respect, compassion, dedication, team work and quality.
- Team member will support, actively participate and act in accordance with the principles of the Living Lifespace service culture and be familiar with and fluent in the language and service pillars of Living Lifespace.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance at work and meetings.
Lifespace has enjoyed over 40 years of success and this is just the beginning. With new opportunities, continued growth, and the support from your Lifespace family get ready to ignite your life and experience Living Lifespace.ORGANIZATIONAL OVERVIEW:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous landscape/grounds experience preferred.
- Certification, license or equivalent as required under state and/or local regulation to operate or repair certain equipment.
- A state issued driver's license with a driving record clear of infractions as defined by current insurance mandates.
- Ability to read, write and speak English sufficient to perform job duties and to interact and communicate with residents, vendors and team members.
- Ability to effectively communicate and build relationships with residents and guests.
- Prefer knowledge of methods and supplies used in planting, cultivating, and caring for lawns, shrubs, annuals and perennials, and trees; plant identification and cultivation requirements.
- Knowledge of operations of landscape equipment and other hand or power tools required.
- Prefer knowledge of plant pest/disease problems; installation and repair of irrigation systems and programming of irrigation time clocks helpful.
Lifespace Communities, Inc headquartered in West Des Moines, Iowa, is the nation's tenth largest senior living provider of non-profit retirement communities. The organization has annual revenue of over $250 million and employs over 2,800 team members. Lifespace Communities is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Through more than 40 years of existence, Lifespace has remained true to its founding ideal: to help create exceptional, financially sound communities where people could enjoy a more rewarding and secure retirement. The organization is committed to excellence and innovation in creating communities that celebrate the lives of seniors. Lifespace serves over 5,000 residents. The Lifespace Communities are as follows:
• Abbey Delray - Delray Beach, FL
• Beacon Hill - Lombard, IL
• Deerfield Retirement Community - Urbandale, IA
• Friendship Village Of South Hills - Upper St. Claire, PA
• Harbour's Edge - Delray Beach, FL
• The Waterford - Juno Beach, FL
• Abbey Delray South - Delray Beach, FL
• Claridge Court - Prairie Village, KS
• Friendship Village Of Bloomington - Bloomington, MN
• Grand Lodge At The Preserve - Lincoln, NE
• Oak Trace - Downers Grove, IL
• Village On The Green - Longwood, FL
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact Human Resources at
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English - Spanish - Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English - Spanish - Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English