This opportunity is also open to Status eligibles under Announcement 20-MINT-295
. Please refer to that announcement for details on open period, eligibility, and how to apply.
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-09 . If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Perform compliance testing of strip material for delamination conditions, thickness (gauge) and hardness.
- Inspect materials received by the US Mint (such as CPZ planchets, strips coils, or numismatic packaging) on a routine basis according to established sampling plans.
- Support Coining and Plant Engineering divisions in routine blanking die replacement and troubleshooting of blanking faults up to determining root cause for the fault and successful return of the equipment to service.
- Test CPZ blanks for thickness (gauge) and hardness.
- Test sample blanks for critical, major, and minor defects.
09 Job family (Series)
1910 Quality Assurance Requirements
Help Requirements Conditions of Employment The experience may have been gained in either the public or private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your rsum.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized experience: For the GS-09, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-07 grade level in the Federal service that is directly related to the position as listed in this announcement and which has equipped the candidate with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Specialized experience is defined as:
- Experience in managing, directing and establishing policies for quality assurance and related functions, to perform sampling and analysis of materials, and evaluate the quality of products produced throughout the process.
Master's or equivalent graduate degree
2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree
LL.B. or J.D., if related
You may qualify on a combination of education and experience. To combine education and experience, the total percentage of experience at the required grade level compared to the requirement, as well as the percentage of completed education compared to the requirement must equal at least 100 percent. Only graduate level education in excess of the first 18 semester hours (27 quarter hours) may be combined to be considered for qualifying education.
Specialized experience: For the GS-07 is one year (52) weeks of experience at the GS-05 level, that is directly related to the position as listed in this announcement and which has equipped the candidate with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Specialized experience is defined as:
- Experience in performing sampling and analysis of materials and evaluating the quality of products produced throughout the process in a manufacturing setting.
One full year of graduate level education in a related field, OR Superior Academic Achievement based on a bachelors degree that is demonstrated through class standing (upper 1/3 of class), grade point average (3.0/4.0 overall or 3.5/4.0 in major) OR Election to membership in a qualifying national scholastic honor society.
You may qualify with a combination of experience and education. To combine education and experience, your total qualifying experience is calculated as a percentage of the experience required for the grade level. Then, your education is calculated as a percentage of the education required for the grade level. The two percentages are added together. The total percentage must equal at least 100 percent to qualify for that grade level.
Posting ID: 558409423Posted: 2020-05-22