As a Security Assistant
, you will:
- Perform a wide variety of analytical, technical and administrative duties and providing highly confidential assistant support to the Branch Manager, Director, other Management staff, Investigators and staff specialists on a wide range of issues across the entire spectrum of the security branch.
- Participate in various studies and projects concerning the design, testing, and implementation of new or enhanced operating procedures, or automation of existing manual procedures.
- In the Sponsor role for the HSPD-12 system, the incumbent is responsible for creating PIV records in the HRConnect and USAccess system. The Sponsor is the gate-keeper for determining who the agency will sponsor for enrollment. The Sponsor maintains adherence to security controls as the responsible party for creating, editing, and managing HRSystems and USAccess PIV records.
- Obtain and verify the sponsorship information from HR Specialists in the Employment Services Branch. Notify them of any discrepancies and has them corrected prior to sponsorship of the new hire employee. Sponsor the applicant by entering their sponsorship information into HRConnect System.
- Track and monitor suitability actions for all BFS employees.
- Serve as property custodian in support of division-level asset management, coordinating and overseeing all branch activities.
07 Job family (Series)
0086 Security Clerical and Assistance Requirements
Help Requirements Conditions of Employment
If you do not meet any of the categories listed above, you may wish to apply under announcement 20-FS-811-P, which is open for any U.S. Citizen or U.S. National to apply. Please refer to that announcement for details on open period, eligibility, and how to apply.The experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your rsum.
- Must be U.S. Citizens or U.S. Nationals.
- Please refer to 'Conditions of Employment.'
- Click 'Print Preview' to review the entire announcement before applying.
You must meet the following requirements within 30 days after the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized experience: For the GS-07, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-05 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes performing specialized clerical and/or administrative support duties in a defined functional or program area; developing information, identifying interrelationships, and taking action consistent with objectives of the program and customer needs.
Examples of such experience could include:
- Experience applying a standardized body of rules and procedures sufficient to perform a wide range of administrative support duties, using an automated system OR
- Experience preparing reports, financial or data collection, for the business unit and advising management of findings OR
- Experience providing written and/or oral technical and problem solving support to customers and staff, including other branches or divisions OR
- Experience identifying deficiencies, interpreting resources such as laws, regulations and policies and applying the appropriate guidelines to resolve issues.
In addition to the above requirements, you must meet the following time-in-grade requirement, if applicable:
For the GS-07, you must have been at the GS-05 level for 52 weeks.
Posting ID: 558409439Posted: 2020-05-22