WHAT DOES A FRONT LINE MANAGER DO?
As a Front Line Manager, first level supervisor, you will be responsible for assigning, directing, and reviewing the work of subordinate employees. You will use your leadership skills and management techniques for planning, scheduling, and coordinating work operations, planning and carrying out the training and development of employees, evaluating employees' work performance, and in performing all other related administrative functions. Generally, you will direct the work operations of subordinates performing administrative, complex clerical, technical and/or work comparable in nature. The functions, activities, and services provided may have limited geographic coverage and support activities within specific agency program segments.As a Front Line Manager you will:
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS?
- Plan work to be accomplished by subordinates, sets and adjusts short-term priorities, and prepares schedules for completion of work.
- Assign work to subordinates based on priorities, selective consideration of the difficulty and requirements of assignments, and the capabilities of employees.
- Evaluate work performance of subordinates and makes recommendations for outstanding performance recognition and/or disciplinary action.
- Give advice, counsel, or instruction to employees on work and administrative matters.
- Hear and resolve complaints from employees, refer group grievances and/or more serious unresolved complaints as appropriate.
- Effect minor disciplinary measures, such as warnings and reprimands, recommend other actions in more serious cases.
- Identify developmental and training needs of employees, providing or arranging for needed development and training.
- Initiate ways to improve production, work processes, and/or to increase the quality of the work directed.
If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov.
11 Job family (Series)
0303 Miscellaneous Clerk And Assistant Requirements
Help Requirements Conditions of Employment
- Refer to Other Information
- Click 'Print Preview' to review the entire announcement before applying.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National
- IRS Employees with Career or Career Conditional Appointments
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS (FRONTLINE MANAGER): You must have 1 year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the next lower level within the payband or GS grade in the normal line of progression in the Federal service. To be qualifying for this position your experience should be sufficient to demonstrate:
-The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or VolunteerService. One year of experience refers to full-timework; part-timework is considered on a prorated basis.
- Experience with management techniques, methods, theories, principles, and labor relations concepts, to assure optimum utilization of personnel, equipment, and space for the accomplishment of all program objectives with combined technical and administrative oversight;
- Experience applying regulations, other official guidance and principles, including the latest procedures and techniques sufficient to oversee the planning, development and implementation of the technical aspects of programs specific to the position being filled;
- Experience applying basic budget management principles and practices (i.e. ability to maintain and manage financial resources); and
- Experience applying communicative techniques to effectively and diplomatically interact with internal and external customers.
-To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
Posting ID: 558409453Posted: 2020-05-22