Non Sensitive: This is a non-sensitive position designated as high risk public trust, favorable adjudication of a Tier 4 investigation is required. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for termination. Continued employment with FinCEN is contingent upon satisfactory completion of the Tier 4 level background investigation, the results of which fully meet the FinCEN's special employment criteria. All employees are subject to satisfactory completion of periodic reinvestigation and a continuing life style in conformity with applicable national and FinCEN directives. Any unfavorable information developed during an investigation or other official inquiry may result in termination of employment in accordance with established security policies and procedures.
As a Financial Management Specialist
, you will:
- Monitor and download monthly financial data from the financial system
- Write quarterly workload and performance reports
- Review incoming material or guidance to determine impacts on the accounting process or accounting treatment
- Support development of monthly financial statements, ensuring data is categorized correctly and accurately
- Review unliquidated obligations, research payment status, and prepare associated supporting documentation
Occasional travel - occasional
12 Job family (Series)
0501 Financial Administration And Program Requirements
Help Requirements Conditions of Employment
The experience may have been gained in either the public or private sector. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume.
- Please refer to 'Conditions of Employment.' Click 'Print Preview' to review
- Must be U.S. Citizens or U.S. Nationals
You must meet the following requirements within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
For the GS-12, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service.
Specialized experience for this position includes:
In addition to the above requirements, you must meet the following time-in-grade requirement, if applicable:
- Analyzing and reviewing accounting general ledger accounts and other financial data to reconcile financial reports; and
- Assisting with preparing monthly budget or other financial reports
For the GS-12 you must have been at the GS-11 level for 52 weeks.
Posting ID: 558409468Posted: 2020-05-22