As a Capital Markets Sr. Lead Expert Risk Specialist, you will:
Washington, DC, Chicago, IL, New York, NY, Charlotte, NC & Boston, MA are the preferred locations; though, any U.S. location of the OCC (field or satellite office) will be considered under an alternative work location as defined in PPM 3110-53.
- Lead horizontal reviews and Quality Control/Quality Assurance activities to ensure appropriate application of OCC guidance, rules and regulations, evaluate findings, and identify/coordinate
appropriate corrective actions and redirection for continual improvement and enhancement of OCC supervisory practices in the specialty area.
- Work to develop risk-based supervisory strategies, strategy guidance, and supervision resource requirements for the risk specialty area, and supervision at large along with Supervisory System and Analytical Support (SSAS), to develop risk area heat maps.
- Provide training and support to examiners and you will be relied upon by examiners throughout the country for advice on complex and challenging risk matters along with providing support to large and midsize bank examiners, and to community bank examiners as they relate to the assigned specialty.
- Attend meetings and conferences with bank executives, boards of directors, and officials of other federal, state, and local government agencies to make presentations and negotiate sensitive and controversial issues.
- Identify and respond to highly challenging, complex risks in the specialty area and supervision at large, collaborate with other subject matter experts both internally and externally as appropriate to develop and implement mitigation strategies.
25% or less - Travel overnight or locally.
VI2 Job family (Series)
0570 Financial Institution Examining Requirements
Help Requirements Conditions of Employment
- This is a 5 year rotational position. If selected, you will be required to sign a bargaining unit Rotational Agreement that details conditions.
- Complete a one-year trial period (unless already completed).
- Complete a background investigation (unless already completed).
- Sign a statement that you are voluntarily leaving the competitive service for a position in the excepted service, if applicable.
- Travel overnight or locally.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
- Complete a financial disclosure review and resolve any ethics issues.
- Click here for important information about OCC ethics standards, such as the requirement that new hires divest their bank securities.
You must meet the following requirements within 60 calendar days after the closing date of this announcement:
You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the NB-V band level. Examples of specialized experience for this position include:
The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector, or through volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.
- Examining or auditing a financial institution's compliance with laws, regulations and guidance related to capital markets activities including to identify risks and risk mitigation; OR
- Serving as an advisor or consultant to senior management on capital markets supervisory issues, risks and/or risk mitigation in a financial institution or regulatory agency.
To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
Education cannot be used to qualify for this position.
Posting ID: 558409476Posted: 2020-05-22