WHAT DOES AN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST IN CI DO?
As an IT Specialist - Computer Operations Administrator (COA) in Criminal Investigation's (CI) Technology Operations & Investigative Services: User Support, you will work with the latest technology in one of the largest financial institutions in the world. The User Support team provides IT desktop and systems administration support to customers within CI. The duties include supporting wireless technology, networking, software applications, hardware platforms, and peripheral devices.As an Information Technology Specialist (ITS) - Computer Operations Administrator (COA), you will provide substantial expertise to resolve exceptionally complex, broad IRS problems or projects and critical issues, and participate on National projects which includes the following:
- Develop and implement migration strategies including planning for continuity of operations during the deployment of new server technology.
- Plan and coordinate the installation, configuration, maintenance, and upgrade of enterprise management software and related enterprise-level changes to the systems infrastructure.
- Plan, implement, and manage problem management systems designed to effectively recognize, report, track, and resolve problems; and evaluate the feasibility of adapting new methods to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Manage special projects that have a significant impact on the delivery of customer support services, e.g., infrastructure or work force relocation.
- Represent the customer support office in planning for the installation and implementation of new systems, e.g., upgrade to a new operating system; and lead efforts to define post-implementation support requirements.
- Generate and run simulation models for future applications, and evaluate and verify impacts on the current and planned enterprise IT architecture.
- Develop and present plans for integrating new server technology into existing architecture.
If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS?
If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - 1 to 5 Nights per month.
13 - Highest Achievable Grade: 13 Job family (Series)
2210 Information Technology Management Requirements
Help Requirements Conditions of Employment
- Refer to Other Information
- Click 'Print Preview' to review the entire announcement before applying.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National
- IRS Employees with Career or Career Conditional Appointments
TO INCLUDE LOCATION BALTIMORE, MD
GS-13 LEVEL: You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service.
This experience must include Information Technology (IT) related experience that demonstrates each of the following four competencies: 1. Attention to Detail 2. Customer Service 3. Oral Communication
4. Problem Solving
Specialized experience for this position includes:
- The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-timework is considered on a prorated basis.
- Demonstrated accomplishment of computer project assignments that required a wide range of knowledge of computer requirements and techniques pertinent to the position to be filled.
- This knowledge is generally demonstrated through assignments that required the ability to analyze a number of alternative approaches in the process of advising management concerning major aspects of IT system design.
- This would include defining what system interrelationships must be considered, or what operating mode, system software, and/or equipment configuration is most appropriate for a given project.
- You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
- To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
In addition to the above requirements, you must meet the following, if applicable:
You must have been at the GS-13 level for 52 weeks (time-in-grade requirement).
Posting ID: 558409499Posted: 2020-05-22