The following are the duties of a National Bank Examiner/Bank Examiner (Large Banks Compliance) at the NB-V Step 2 level. If you are selected at the NB-V level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
As a National Bank Examiner/Bank Examiner (Large Banks Compliance), you will:
- Serve as lead examiner for compliance examinations (i.e. consumer compliance, Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), fair lending or Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)/Anti-Money Laundering (AML)) at large banks.
- Plan, coordinate, and monitor large bank compliance supervisory activities.
- Identify and communicate risk issues and develop responses to address risks that affect bank supervision.
- Prepare reports of activities and communications for senior bank management.
- Lead discussions with large bank management on findings and recommendations.
- Serve as a compliance consultant to employees and managers.
V2 Job family (Series)
0570 Financial Institution Examining Requirements
Help Requirements Conditions of Employment
- Complete a one-year trial period (unless already completed).
- Complete a background investigation (unless already completed).
- Sign a statement that you are voluntarily leaving the competitive service for a position in the excepted service, if applicable.
- Travel overnight or locally on a frequent basis.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
- File an OCC Financial Disclosure Form.
- Complete a financial disclosure review and resolve any ethics issues.
- Click here for important information about OCC ethics standards, such as the requirement that new hires divest their bank securities.
- This position requires a Public Trust designated - Background Investigation.
You must meet the following requirements within 60 calendar days after the closing date of this announcement:
You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to at least the NB-IV band level. Examples of specialized experience for this position include:
Band V: Examining or auditing a financial institution's compliance with laws and regulations related to consumer protection, Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) or Fair Lending (FL).
Band V.2: Examining or auditing a financial institution's risk management systems to identify risk associated with consumer protection laws and regulations for example, the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)/ Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), Fair Lending (FL), etc.
This experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector, or through volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.
To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
Education cannot be used to qualify for this position.
Posting ID: 558409564Posted: 2020-05-22