As a Human Resources Specialist (Policy and Accountability), you will
- Perform studies and projects in human capital functions involving policy and program development, evaluation and accountability/program reviews, and/or operations and provide advisory services.
- Provide program direction regarding interpretations of regulatory procedures as well as laws, rules, regulations, and principles of human capital. Develop or amend policy and other instructional material from legislative proposals, laws and regulations. Analyze OPM, Treasury, and other sources regarding human capital directives and issuances to determine Agency impact and to advise OCC management on appropriate courses of action.
- Provide guidance and direction of a comprehensive Human Capital Accountability program. Lead and perform all related tasks associated with conducting internal accountability evaluations and program reviews of all major Human Capital programs and Human Capital Framework areas.
- Collaborate with OCC management and Treasury Departmental office to complete corrective action plans, regularize selections and personnel actions. Prepare thorough and concise technical report of findings, and provide high- level briefings. Work with management to provide recommendations to improve effectiveness and efficiency in HC programs. Participate in establishing, implementing, evaluating and modifying the HC Strategic Plan.
Occasional travel - Travel occasionally to attend conferences and training.
V2 Job family (Series)
0201 Human Resources Management Requirements
Help Requirements Conditions of Employment If selected for this position, you will be required to:
- This is a temporary promotion or detail not-to-exceed 1 year. If selected, you will return to your current position and pay when the temporary assignment ends.
- Selectee will need to sign a statement acknowledging temporary assignment.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
- Travel occasionally to attend conferences and training.
- Click here for important information about OCC ethics standards, such as the requirement that new hires divest their bank securities.
You must meet the following requirements within 60 days after the closing date of this announcement.
You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the NB-IV band level. The experience may have been gained in either the public or private sector. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. Examples of specialized experience for this position include:
The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector, or through volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.
- Participating in internal audits or program reviews of Human Capital functional areas such as Staffing and Recruitment, Classification, Workforce Planning, Employee Relations, Labor Relations, Compensation, Benefits, Training and Development, etc. to make recommendations for improvements; AND
- Participating in the development of or revisions to human resources policies to ensure processes and procedures are in compliance with the laws (i.e. human resources regulations or legal and regulatory requirements).
To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
Education cannot be used to qualify for this position.
Posting ID: 558409573Posted: 2020-05-22