WHAT DOES A INTAKE ADVOCATE ON-THE-JOB INSTRUCTOR (OJI) CADRE DO?
As an OJI, you will be part of a group responsible for delivering on the job instruction/training to individuals from within your organization. In this role, you will use your technical expertise and years of experience to plan and/or conduct on the job training on basic or advanced areas of tax law, procedures, policies, techniques, advocacy, or other specialized fields. You have the extraordinary opportunity of sharing your expertise and knowledge with others.As an Intake Advocate On-the-Job Instructor you will:
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS?
- Coordinate as appropriate delivery of on the job instruction/training materials.
- Coordinate with Learning and Education Staff assigned as required. Coordinate as appropriate on methods, techniques, training aids, and trainee management relative to the TAS On-the-Job Training program.
- Ensure consistency in technical interpretation of regulations and their application. Recommend changes in emphasis, and content for the TAS On-the-Job Training program.
- Provide feedback to trainees and their managers on the trainee's progress in completing On-the-Job Training.
- Ensure trainees understand and apply the concepts and knowledge gained in classroom training and On-the-Job Training activities.
- Complete standardized forms to document trainees' progress and provide reviews and feedback to trainees and managers in order to support trainees' learning and development.
If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
07 Job family (Series)
0503 Financial Clerical And Assistance Requirements
Help Requirements Conditions of Employment
You must be a current TAS employee. Duties of an OJI are collateral; There is no promotion potential and no change in work schedule; You cannot be in a training posture as an Intake Advocate or other position (i.e. still receiving
- Refer to Other Information.
- Click 'Print Preview' to review the entire announcement before applying.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
BASIC QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To qualify for the On-the-Job instructor cadre You must currently be or have previously held a GS-503-07 Intake Advocate position and can demonstrate the level of technical expertise and experience needed to plan and conduct on the job training on basic or advanced areas of tax law, procedures, policies, techniques, or other specialized fields unique to your position/occupation. You also must have a current performance appraisal rating of fully successful or above.
- The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.
- To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
Posting ID: 558409581Posted: 2020-05-22