As an IT Specialist (APPSW/CUSTSPT), you will:
- Be responsible for BMC Remedy Developer shall update Remedy to enhance existing system configurations in support of BEP's processes and procedures.
- Perform troubleshooting, testing and debugging on the BMC Remedy IT Service Manager (ITSM) application to resolve issues.
- Answer technical questions, and guide users to gain productive use of the ITSM Remedy system in the performance of the division's responsibilities of providing these services in a timely manner and in accordance with industry best practices, government standards and regulations, and BEP policy.
13 Job family (Series)
2210 Information Technology Management Requirements
Help Requirements Conditions of Employment
The experience may have been gained in either the public or private sector. One year of experience refers to full-time work; prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your rsum.
- Must be U.S. Citizen or U.S. National
SUITABILITY, CLEARANCE & REQUIREMENTS: A background investigation will be required for all new hires. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion
favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for disqualification in the hiring process. The background investigation process conducted by the B
very thorough. Therefore it is imperative that applicants exercise candor and honesty when answering background questionnaires, especially as it relates to arrest, employment, education
other criminal history. Falsification discovered in security documents or during the background investigation process may result in an immediate negative suitability determine
your interim clearance (if applicable).
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
For the GS-13, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service.
Specialized experience for this position includes:
- Experience using BMC Remedy Software.
Examples of such experience for the GS-13 could include:
- Remedy Change Management, Tasks, Decision Trees, Knowledge Management, Service Request Management, Defining a Service Catalog, and Service Level Management. OR
- Experience with BMC Discovery, BMC Helix ITSM and moving from BMC Remedy to Helix.
In addition to meeting specialized experience, applicants must have proficiency in each of the four competencies listed below.
- Attention to Detail, such as executing project plans, monitoring progress, and making modifications as needed. - Customer Service, such as working closely with system users to identify requirements and provide advice and training. - Oral Communication, such as consulting with and advising IT Specialists in other specialty areas throughout an organization. - Problem Solving, such as performing troubleshooting, testing and debugging to resolve issues.
Posting ID: 558409587Posted: 2020-05-22