This opportunity is also open to Status eligibles under Announcement 20-MINT-334. Please refer to that announcement for details on open period, eligibility, and how to apply.
As a Supervisory Police Officer (Field, Chief of Police), you will:
- Direct and manage overall police operations functions and related support services for their assigned facility through subordinate supervisors.
- Direct the protection program to provide the maximum protection of the assigned facility, its contents, and adjacent grounds against theft, assault, sabotage, and espionage. Recommends appropriate location for storage of Mint assets i.e., gold silver bullion, medals, coins, and coining materials and equipment.
- Responsible for the oversight of procedures necessary in the proper collection, preservation, and disposition of evidence and other property held and maintained by the police force.
- Establish and maintain adequate controls as required by federal regulations by developing systems and techniques to promote fiscal integrity, operational efficiency and program effectiveness.
Occasional travel - 1 to 5 nights per month may be required.
14 Job family (Series)
0083 Police Requirements
Help Requirements Conditions of Employment Physical Requirements:
Must wear clothing and gear weighing no more than a total of 30 pounds:
Must wear equipment belt (with equipment) weighing no more than 10 lbs;
Must wear a bulletproof vest weighing no more than 10 lbs;
Must wear riot gear (turtle suit/red man suit) weighing no more than 10 lbs;
And be physically capable of satisfactorily performing the following requirements in the specified timeframes.
Sits (up to 30% of the time)
Runs (up to 30% of the time)
Climbs Stairs (up to 30% of the time)
Crawls (up to 30% of the time)
Repetitive Arm Motion (up to 30% of the time)
Stands (greater than 70% of the time)
Walks (greater than 70% of the time)
Power Grasps-Frequently (greater than 70% of the time)
Power Pinches-Frequently (greater than 70% of the time)
Types (greater than 70% of the time)
Use of Foot Control (Automobile) (greater than 70% of the time)
The experience may have been gained in either the public or private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your rsum.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
For the TR-14 (GS-14), you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the TR-12 (GS-12) grade level in the Federal service.
Specialized experience for this position includes:
- Experience in police administration, organization, techniques, practices, policies, functions and programs in order to implement policies and direct the management of the overall police operations for an organization.
Posting ID: 558409591Posted: 2020-05-22