Our associates celebrate lives. We celebrate our associates.
Consider the possibilities of joining a Great Place to Work!
Take directions from the Funeral Service Director to provide excellent service to grieving families on the day of the funeral service; assist with funeral services, assist escort processions to gravesites, assist during visitation hours, assist at Reception Center, drive Company vehicles, and assist with the general public and client families in a professional, courteous, and compassionate manner. Direct graveside services and mortuary chapel services as needed. Help the family to establish positive memories by helping to ensure a compassionate and caring funeral service.Essential Job Functions:
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
Experience and Education:
- Assist with funeral services preparations and chapel preparation for services.
- Drive company vehicles, transport flowers to graveside services, and transport decedents for services and to the care center.
- Use knowledge of cemetery lawns and gravesite locations to assist customers.
- At all times, set the example in presenting warmth, compassion, empathy, good manners, and diplomacy to grieving family members and guests.
- Use knowledge of various religions and cultural funeral ceremony customs to provide outstanding service to every family.
- Abide by the Company dress code and any department requests regarding work attire.
- Assist in preparation of death certificates and filing with the count via CA-EDRS; prepared to undertake special training to become EDRS certified.
- Prepare required reports on time, and actively participate in staff meetings.
- Answer telephones using proper etiquette, and obtain first call and service information from families.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with Company employees.
- Handle customer changes with willingness, friendliness, and a "can-do" attitude; accommodate customer needs with flexibility to ensure a high level of positive customer service.
- Creation of financial contract and data entry in HMIS.
- Must be able to multi-task, set priorities, and organize work.
- Must complete all assignments and responsibilities as directed, and in a timely manner.
- Adhere to Company policies, procedures, rules, and controls.
- Adhere to safety rules and regulations, and report unsafe practices to management.
- Act on customer complaints to provide satisfactory resolution.
- Understand and achieve annual SMART goals.
- Participate in training and skill development opportunities to improve competency and customer service.
- Printing of sundry items and creation of memorial DVD's (MeM).
- May be asked to perform special tasks and assist other departments with various tasks when necessary. These tasks include conducting removals of human remains, dressing human remains, transporting casketed human remains to various locations and delivering cremated remains
- Report to work on time and maintain standard attendance in accordance with company policy.
- Previous customer service experience, funeral service experience preferred
- High School Diploma or GED
Variable schedule: must be able to work evenings, weekends in addition to daytime hours
- Ability to lift a minimum of 75 lbs. (Lifting Test will be administered)
- CA Drivers' License and good driving record
- Ability to read maps and follow directions
- Safely drive Company vehicles
- Excellent interpersonal relations skills
- Detail mindedness
- Problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and flexible
- Warmth, compassion, empathy
- Diplomacy under pressure
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks, and differentiate level of importance
- High level of communication and listening skill
- Cultural sensitivity to the diverse community that Rose Hills serves
- Ability to work positively with other people
- Ability to accept instructions from co-workers
- Basic PC skill with MSWord and Outlook
- HBV vaccination
- Bilingual preferred
Postal Code: 90601
Category (Portal Searching): Operations
Job Location: US-CA - Whittier
Req ID: Req.86353Who we are. What we do.
We are North America's largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals, who proudly serve our community, provide caring assistance to families in need, and honor veterans and public servants.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one's life."SCI" refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliates.Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Posting ID: 558409619Posted: 2020-05-29