BAE Systems Ship Repair is seeking for a General Manager to lead Jacksonville Ship Repair. As the General Manager, you will be responsible for overall performance of the shipyard, including long-term business planning, business development, profitability, safety, daily operations and achievement of Ship Repair goals.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Business development, including bidding/winning of work, the direction of sales meetings, marketing the division's capabilities, and business diversification of the site.
- Work with high-level officials in the government and commercial customers. Government officials will include senior military officers, as well as local and national political leadership. Commercial customers include presidents of shipping companies, barge/tug companies, dredging companies, yacht managers and yacht owners.
- Establish local policies, objectives and standards of performance governing the operation and in alignment with the Company's strategic plan.
- Collaborate with business leaders within Ship Repair and externally.
- Be the champion of teamwork. In partnership with Human Resources and other company representatives, plans and directs all programs and activities of Jacksonville Ship Repair employees that fosters inclusive, productive and engaged individuals.
- Responsible to drive ethical behavior and instill a culture of Safety, Health & Environmental throughout the organization, including continuous improvement of Safety standards.
- Exercise full line or dotted-line authority over department functions and organizations.
- Implement systems of controls and reports to accurately measure the quality of performance, sustain compliance, and identify constraints and problem areas requiring management attention.
- Establish and foster an environment that encourages initiative, creative thinking, collaborative action, and process improvement that results in improved product quality, performance and employee and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for developing people, including succession planning, education, training courses and experiences that improve people skills, improve engagement, and drive performance and productivity within the operations. Create a business culture of "Respect in the Workplace" where people are valued and engaged.
- Responsible for the shipyard's government affairs and its congressional relationships. This task includes maintaining contacts with local city council members, state congressional members, and federal congressional members.
Outdoors in changeable temperature and moderate noise. Office setting, including controlled temperature environment.
T ravel includes some domestic and occasional international travel. Required Skills and Education
May substitute equivalent experience, training and/or certifications for the degree. Relevant experience is job-related work that provides the necessary knowledge, skill, and abilities to perform the role (position).
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
- Bachelor's Degree with 15+ years related experience.
- 10+ years of experience in the Ship Repair Industry and Commercial Direct Customer Contact.
- Corporate or Military Executive level experiences, operating/managing a large complex organization.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair...just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.