Based at the Customer's site in Fort Worth Texas, the Sustainment Performance and Decision Analytics Specialist (Systems Engineer II) candidate will support the F-35 Sustainment Performance and Decision Analytics Team in conducting detailed analyses of the sustainment environment, data capture, and organization, mining, and report generation. Further specifics of the Systems Engineer II job are provided below:
I. FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
To support the Sustainment Performance and Decision Analytics Team in conducting detailed analyses of the global sustainment enterprise using various logistics analysis tools and performance data capture.
This will include, but not be limited to:
- Development of spares optimization and simulation models to support Supplier PBL
(Performance Based Logistics) Contracts
- Low Rate Productions Contracts spare and repair modeling for Pack Up Kits, Deployment Spares Packages, Afloat Spares Packages, Global Spares Packages, Base Stand-up Spares Packages, Basic Economic Quantities, Life Limited, Consumables, Pilot Flight Equipment
- Spare Optimization and Simulation of all spares models using Systecon Suite
- Life Cycle Planning studies in respect to spare and repair estimations
II. FACTORS DESCRIBING THE JOB:
- Knowledge - Frequent use and/or applications of basic principles, theories and concepts. Limited knowledge of industry practices and standards
- Problem Solving - Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity following established policies and procedures
- Discretion/Latitude - Works under general supervision. Follows established procedures.
- Impact - Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects. Failure to achieve results or erroneous decisions or recommendations may cause delays in program schedules and may result in the allocation of additional resources.
- Liaison - Primarily internal company contacts. Infrequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts on routine matters.
III. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Data Collection: Collect and reconcile multiple sources of data, highlight any data quality issues
- Data Understanding: Clean and compile data into an actionable format for stakeholders and senior analysts
- Data Preparation: Process data for input into supply chain modeling software
- Modeling: Execute supply chain models using commercial software such as OPUS10 and SIMLOX in order to determine optimal quantities and placement of spare parts as well as to determine supplier performance metrics
- Evaluation: Work with senior analysts to verify that modeling outputs are correct; work with stakeholders to validate that the modeling approach taken meets the needs of the business
Required Skills and Education
- Reporting: Create reports summarizing model inputs, modeling methodology, and modeling outputs; prepare and give presentations to stakeholders as needed
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Experience - 2+ Year(s) with BS; 0 Year(s) with MS
- B.Sc./M.Sc. degree in Systems Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, or related discipline
- Experience in MS Access and Microsoft Office including Microsoft Excel; candidate should be comfortable using pivot tables and built-in functions.
- Advanced programming experience in any language; Python, R, VB, or SQL preferred
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to present technical information to a non-technical audience
- Experience in reconciling multiple sources of data
- A self-starter that is eager to learn new things and take on new challenges
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship or Permanent Resident status.Preferred Skills and Education
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
- Exposure to OPUS Suite (OPUS, Simlox, Catloc), sustainment enterprise modeling tool or discrete event simulation tool
- Understanding of PBL
- MS Access
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Posting ID: 558409655Posted: 2020-05-22