BAE Systems is looking for a Nuclear Surety Manager to join our team at Hill AFB, UT for an exciting opportunity supporting the acquisition of the Ground-Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) system to replace MM III. The MM III is a 1970s era weapon system and is scheduled to be retained as the United States military's prompt, global strike deterrent system until the early 2030s. In order to successfully field a new weapon system, the GBSD program requires a comprehensive nuclear surety and certification strategy that ensures the system safe and secure well into the future.
The Nuclear Surety Manager will provide oversight and management of the GBSD Integrated Support Contractor (ISC) Nuclear Surety office and augment organic resources by providing weapon system expertise support to the government customer in maintaining the nuclear surety, nuclear certification, and mission assurance programs for the GBSD weapon system in accordance with requirements detailed in Department of Defense, United States Strategic Command, and Air Force directives, manuals and instructions.
The specific responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Developing mechanisms for monitoring progress and for intervention and problem solving with other project managers and clients, including extensive contributions to proposal efforts when requested by management
- Developing and managing schedules, preparing status reports, and reviewing status of projects with BAE Systems and government customer management teams
- Assessing issues and developing resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives
- Performing as a member of an Integrated Product Team (IPT), accountable to the government Program Manager, providing nuclear surety support for Air Force Strategic Systems, including monitoring for compliance with applicable Department of Defense, United States Strategic Command, and Air Force directives, manuals and instructions
- Evaluating plans and criteria for technical activities in his/her specialty and recommending alternatives as required to comply with customer and company obligations. May lead projects or segments of major projects responsible for achievement of schedule, cost, and technical performance objectives
- Reviewing and providing assessment and assistance to programs on Nuclear Certification Impact Statements (NCIS), Certification Requirement Plans (CRP), Nuclear Safety Analysis Reports (NSAR), Nuclear Surety Evaluation Reports (NSER), Nuclear Surety Briefings, Point Papers, White Papers, Safety & Nuclear Surety Technical Memoranda, Nuclear Certification Plans (NCP), Engineering Evaluation Reports (EER), Software Certification Plans (SCP), Nuclear Weapon Systems Surety Group (NWSSG) reviews and studies and development of the GBSD Master Nuclear Certification List (MNCL)
- Assisting with minimizing and managing risks to Nuclear Design Certification of the GBSD weapon system
- Attending conferences, meetings, and contractor involved working groups to represent assigned activity. Developing working group meeting agendas, preparing and consolidating briefing materials, meeting minutes, and answers to action items assigned by other agencies or organizations
- Directly interface with external weapon system design, certification, and surety agencies such as NNSA, DTRA, HQ AFSEC, and the National Laboratories
- Conducting research in areas which require a moderate level of expertise and knowledge in areas of specialization and some related fields, and maintaining knowledge in area of specialization and awareness of developments in the remaining related fields
- Performing various other duties as assigned by senior management
This position is located at 6008 Wardleigh Rd, Bldg. 1580, Hill Air Force Base, UT 84056.Please note, pursuant to Government contract, this position requires US Citizenship.
BAE Systems is recognized as a Top Workplace in Utah for two years in a row.
Join an extraordinary company culture and the winning team to success on the ICBM Integrated Support Contract this year and for years to come. Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor of Science Degree with 10+ years of experience working on the operation or maintenance of nuclear weapon systems or;
- Master of Science Degree with 8+ years of experience working on the operation or maintenance of nuclear weapon systems
- Active Secret, or higher, security clearance
Required Skills and Experience:
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
- Able to obtain a U.S. Government Top Secret security clearance
- Possess 10 years of experience in direct Program Management
- Able to work independently, demonstrate strong initiative, and organize daily tasks with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) commensurate with expected mid- to senior-level civilian and military participants from various U.S. Government agencies
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office products including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Outlook
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Posting ID: 558409656Posted: 2020-05-22