BAE Systems is seeking a Senior Principal Hardware Engineer for the United States Space Force (USSF) Engineering, Development, Integration, and Sustainment (EDIS) program. This position will support the Space and Missile Systems Center Innovation and Prototyping Directorate (SMC/DCIO) to develop, deploy, modernize, and expand the EDIS program and its customers. This position directly supports experimental and operational satellite missions. The position is located on Kirtland AFB in Albuquerque, NM.
Relocation assistance or a sign-on bonus may be available.Required Skills and Education
- Functional team leader of engineers and technicians in accomplishing tasks ensuring daily mission capability
- Ensures mission process adaptability, system availability, and baseline management of satellite support ground system architecture throughout multiple mission types and multiple security classification levels
- Conducts replacement, installation, repair and testing of information processing hardware such as computer circuit boards, computer network systems, cabling, and electrical components.
- Designs new or modifies existing products, develops technical specifications for production, analyzes hardware configuration and processing solutions, and tests hardware conformance to specifications.
- Applies technical standards, theories and processes to support daily satellite ground support center network operations.
- Coordinates with security, configuration management, and logistics teams for government furnished property management to procure, install, maintain, and properly dispose of network hardware equipment, chassis components, racks, etc.
- Manages a wide variety of hardware engineering-related tasks and activities to contribute to the overall success of the team.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Must possess an active Top Secret security clearance with eligibility to obtain and maintain TS/SCI
- Good understanding of discipline process; information and data management, configuration control
- Record of success in contributing to the completion of programs and projects; ability to obtain results and make key recommendations
- Ability to provide high level summary of results and draw conclusions based on interpretation of data
- Bachelors degree plus five years' experience. Length and depth of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Must be available to work across three shifts, with occasional on-call duty 24/7/365
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
- Familiarity with HVAC equipment and controls
- Familiarity with communications security (COMSEC) equipment and control procedures
- Experience drafting and editing with Autodesk AutoCAD.
- In-depth working knowledge of Microsoft Office product suite (Excel, Word, Power Point, Visio)
- Seasoned communicator with demonstrated record of success in leadership, followership, and fostering working relationships with contractor representatives and government sponsors.
- Prior experience supporting USSF (AFSPC) satellite operations or space missions
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Posting ID: 558409657Posted: 2020-05-22